Windows 10: Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

Discus and support Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , About the problem I have updated the Intel UHD Graphics 620 From : 26.20.100.7990 version To : 27.20.100.7990 version Through the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BHARGAVA B U., Jun 24, 2020.

1. Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

Hello ,

About the problem

I have updated the Intel UHD Graphics 620

To : 27.20.100.7990 version

Through the windows update option in the settings

It was a Display Driver Update and has been successfully updated and installed .

After the restart , when I tried to change the screen brightness using the following

1. Using the buttons on the keyboard

2. Using the slider bar

3. In the display settings

All were showing an increase / decrease in the brightness value when I was changing But none of them was able to change the screen brightness and

upon searching the web and doing the following

1. Roll back uninstalled the current latest version to the previous version and again restarted it But it did not work

The only way to change was to increase / decrease the brightness value using buttons / slider although physically screen brightness it won't change and restart the laptop

And then the screen brightness would increase / decrease .

My windows 10 software version is : 20H2

OS BUILD : 19042.330

Hoping to get an early reply and thanking you in anticipation.

:)

BHARGAVA B U., Jun 24, 2020

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Unable to change screen brightness

Hello,

Please refer these suggestions:

1. Run Power troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot.

2. Open Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc command), try uninstalling your display adapter and then click Action > Scan for hardware changes.

3. Update your display driver to latest version.

You can refer this fix for additional suggestions:

[FIX] Can't Change Screen Brightness In Windows 10/8/7

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update

1. Unable to change the screen brightness after display driver update - Similar Threads - Unable change screen

2. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  3. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  4. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. i am unable to change the display brightness

i am unable to change the display brightness: I am not able to adjust my screen brightness. Windows 10 on a Microsoft surface pro 3 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-change-the-display-brightness/38351509-9c43-4be3-b0f9-628eeee32fc7
  6. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  7. Unable to change screen brightness

Unable to change screen brightness: I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change...
  8. UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S

UNABLE TO CHANGE DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS IN WINDOWS 10S: I can no longer adjust the display brightness on my surface Go. The device runs on windows 10s and is up to date. I have tried using the keyboard shortcut, the notification tiles menu on the right hand side and by going into the display settings via the search bar, I...
  9. Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change my screen brightness after recent updates: Since the latest update of my windows on 17 September, 2018 I am unable to change my screen brightness. I don't know why windows is giving so many updates. I am from India and the internet speed is not good at everyplace so in every 10 days updating my windows is a hard...
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel 27.20.100.7990 driver