Windows 10: Unable to change the size of apps and texts

Discus and support Unable to change the size of apps and texts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I read post after post and no one, no a single one, has told me what I need to do to be able to use the slide that doesn't move or to make the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlesGilbert2, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Unable to change the size of apps and texts

I read post after post and no one, no a single one, has told me what I need to do to be able to use the slide that doesn't move or to make the apps smaller. I got a TV to use as a monitor so I could have several apps up on the screen, like the sign in screen for Zoom or a Google app or whatever. And use I can use the arrow to make the box smaller but the font size doesn't shrink. There are only two options on the "scale and layout" function - 100% and 125%. I got the TV because I can't find a monitor big enough to have several apps open at the same time. Why isn't there a setting which will enable a novice user to set the size of the app? Did some "computer genius" decide that he or she knew best? I have a 35" TV as a monitor - before I had a 27" monitor. I want the apps to be the same size on the 35" monitor as they were on the 27" monitor so I have more "open screen" to work in. Is there a registry setting or something that mandates that an app size be some specific proportion of the total screen size? I increase screen size to have more working space but the app size grew. Doesn't make sense.

:)

CharlesGilbert2, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Aug 29, 2020
  3. how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Unable to change the size of apps and texts

Changing text and apps size to 125% zooms in the browsers

Hi Viktor,

You can try to reboot the computer once and check if the settings are restored.

You can also change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the
    Ctrl
    key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To decrease the size of text, apps and other items, you can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards the left side to decrease the size.
    Also make sure that you have set the screen resolution to at least 1024x768 or more.

• Right click on the desktop screen.
    • Click on Display settings and select Advanced display settings.
    • Click on Resolution list and select at least 1024 X 768 size or above.
    • Click on Apply to save the setting and check if the issue persist.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change the size of apps and texts

1. Unable to change the size of apps and texts - Similar Threads - Unable change size

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  4. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  5. Unable to change text size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change text size: Hi Today I changed my text size in Win11 but then I did not like it so I decided to revert back to my old text size but when I try to move the slider it does not move and my screen starts to change into a night light sort of color...
  6. Mousepad: text size is changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mousepad: text size is changing: When I am using Mousepad, the text size is changing. It is an annoying issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousepad-text-size-is-changing/65857ecf-abec-439c-b204-2e5c9162667d
  7. how to change text size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change text size: I would like to change the text size. how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size/780a199e-748a-459a-873d-73638cc9a753
  8. Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.

Command Line Option For Changing "size of text, apps" etc.: I currently use a macro to change the size of text, apps, and other items from 150% to 100% and back to 150%. When at 100% I can run Sysinternals' "BGinfo.exe" - Background Info - to update the info on the desktop's background. BGinfo.exe works at 100% only. So my...
  9. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

in Windows 10 Support
    "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before: Hey I've recently buildt a new pc and seem to have encountered a problem with the size of text and windows in general. On my old pc i was able to have the setting at 100%, all my friends also have this at 100%. But on this pc windows and all the apps are alot smaller than on...