Windows 10: Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have looked online for how to change the way I log-in from a password to using my Microsoft Account to log-in but I am unable to find what it's... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by pooy2483, Oct 22, 2019.

1. pooy2483 Win User

Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account

I have looked online for how to change the way I log-in from a password to using my Microsoft Account to log-in but I am unable to find what it's telling me to look for.

The reason I'm asking is because in the 'Account Protection' settings window, I am being told that I'm not signed into Microsoft. How do I do that.

https://i.imgur.com/RMTpA0Rl.png

Here are some screenshots so you can see that what I'm supposed to be looking for is not there.

Where is the option to change from log-in using a password to using my microsoft account.

https://imgur.com/hlZRXdh

https://imgur.com/L0LaHgu

https://imgur.com/RMTpA0R2

p.s. How do I display images on the forum?

:)

pooy2483, Oct 22, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Changing Account Password

Hello,

In order for us to assist you in a better way, kindly answer the below questions:

• Are you referring to Microsoft account or Local account?
    • If it's a Microsoft account, did you follow the steps provided in this
      article
      ?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account

1. Unable to change the way I log-in from password to Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable change log

2. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  3. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  4. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  5. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  6. Unable to log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  7. Unable to log into Microsoft account.

Unable to log into Microsoft account.: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  8. Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to windows 10 after changing Microsoft Live Account Password: Hi guys!My microsoft live account is hooked up to my windows 10 laptop. I initiated a password reset on my microsoft live account and am able to log in and see my connected devices. HOWEVER, when I attempt to log in my laptop using the UPDATED password, it appears to not...
  9. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0
  10. Unable to log in into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in into Microsoft Account: I am trying to Log in to My Microsoft account , Already Tried Reseting Password Lot of The times, But A Display Comes Which says Follownig Details: Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...