Windows 10: Unable to change username

Discus and support Unable to change username in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EKayeW, Mar 18, 2023.

1. EKayeW Win User

Unable to change username

I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C drive>Users>username. I can't seem to change the name on the laptop. I've tried the instructions found online for a local account which I think I need and for logging on with a MS account don't think I'm doing that, but tried anyway. For the local account instructions I found, I type into the search box, 'netplwiz' and a wind

:)

EKayeW, Mar 18, 2023

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 18, 2023
  3. OneMoar Win User
    request username change

can a ADMINISTRATOR change my username to Onemoar

OneMoar, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Unable to change username

Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Unable to change username

1. Unable to change username - Similar Threads - Unable change username

2. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  3. Unable to change username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change username: I have a PC laptop and also use Parallels on an iMac, both with Windows 10. I want both usernames to be the same so that the path will be the same for a program I move back and forth on both computers. I'm talking about the username in File Explorer under C...
  4. changing username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing username: How do I change my username in windows 11 from user to whatever I wish to change it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username/3cdcae2f-92bd-4bc0-b704-3c19b708e3c8
  5. changing username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing username: How do I change my username in windows 11 from user to whatever I wish to change it to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username/3cdcae2f-92bd-4bc0-b704-3c19b708e3c8
  6. Changing the username

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the username: How to change the Username in the Users folder of Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-username/9a6f2070-8ea6-4eba-bee1-77cb27ac058e
  7. Username Changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Username Changed: I downloaded something for school and now whenever I go to log in it greets me with the name connected to my Microsoft account, not what I originally had. How do I change this back? I have tried modifying it in netplwiz but it never works. submitted by /u/BeepBeepLechuga...
  8. changing username

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    changing username: I have installed a fresh copy of windows 10 Pro on a brand new computer, made sure all updates and drivers were downloaded and installed. the system runs great, however, when I changed the name of the user from "User1" to admin, the system reboots and gives me windows errors...
  9. Changing username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing username: I singed in with my account my username changed but when i open windows explorer it says old name but when i go to that destination i changes it relly anoyes me.Is there any way to fix it. [ATTACH][IMG]...
  10. Change Username(?)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Username(?): [ATTACH] Hey, I've been struggling to change "Good Game" to "Mcsyauqi". Is there anyone can help me with this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-username/061167f8-edfe-4091-a059-46168541f06e