Windows 10: Unable to change Windows 10 virus protection

Discus and support Unable to change Windows 10 virus protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a personal laptop that will not allow me to change my virus protection because it says it is controlled by my IT Administrator and my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ladrio, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Ladrio Win User

Unable to change Windows 10 virus protection

I have a personal laptop that will not allow me to change my virus protection because it says it is controlled by my IT Administrator and my organization? WHAT? This has never been a "company" device. WTH?

:)

Ladrio, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Booster2 Win User

How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2018
  4. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

Thema:

1. Unable to change Windows 10 virus protection - Similar Threads - Unable change virus

2. Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection: While opening Virus and threat protection it is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." And even I am facing a problem in opening Windows Security Center...
  3. Unable to open 'virus and threat protection'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open 'virus and threat protection': While trying to open 'virus and threat protection', I'm getting this pop up. It is also not able to find any app in Microsoft Store. Can anyone help me in this regard....
  4. Unable to open 'virus and threat protection'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open 'virus and threat protection': While trying to open 'virus and threat protection', I'm getting this pop up. It is also not able to find any app in Microsoft Store. Can anyone help me in this regard....
  5. Window virus and threat protection is unable to start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window virus and threat protection is unable to start: window virus and threat protection is unable to start i followed all online measures step but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-virus-and-threat-protection-is-unable-to/b8a1f096-4eeb-4f52-abaa-bee206c32c38
  6. Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection

Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection: Beginning yesterday my PC began running very slowly, so I was going to do a scan. I went in to WIndows Security and found my virus and threat protection was turned off. I did not turn it off. When I try to restart it fails....
  7. Unable to change Virus & Threat Protection Settings

Unable to change Virus & Threat Protection Settings: Hi I am the admin of my computer, and for a while I have not been able to change my own windows security settings. I bought this laptop brand-new, it has not been used by anyone other than me. I have tried a couple methods to solve this listed below but with no success. I...
  8. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the same....
  9. Unable to turn on Virus Protection

Unable to turn on Virus Protection: I have a surface pro and am unable to turn on the virus protection. I keep getting emails that I believe to contain malicious software. What program should I get to supplement the current level of protection [Original Title: Security]...
  10. Windows Virus & Threat Protection -Unable to turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Virus & Threat Protection -Unable to turn on: I get this message that the IT administrator has access to this- which it NEVER did until now! My laptop is a personal item- not company owned and I'm not sure how to get back access to the Virus & Threat protection. Advise please Thanks [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing virus protection

2. windows change virus protection