Windows 10: Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

Discus and support Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, guys. My laptop was Acer with Windows 10. Currently I'm trying to change my Windows Display Lauguage into Japanese but it was unsuccessful. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan TengYik Hoe, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

Hi, guys. My laptop was Acer with Windows 10. Currently I'm trying to change my Windows Display Lauguage into Japanese but it was unsuccessful. By looking at other user's question and their feedbacks, i found out that my laptop doesn't even show the way to install windows display language as shown in the picture below. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese a39918d9-41d1-4044-82ec-940fbe5dee54?upload=true.jpg

Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese 8cb38759-0ff7-4f92-a004-003c813fe9b7?upload=true.jpg

Picture above shows that there doesn't show the installation of Windows Display Language. I have tried changing the administrative system locale and region to Japanese but still unable to show it.

Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese 58e6c376-8b76-4a0a-be12-285db2823ff9?upload=true.jpg

Another problem which is that the japanese words turns out into unknown symbol when trying to open a japanese application.

Please take a look and help me to solve this problem. I'll be waiting for your feedbacks. Thanks.

:)

Ryan TengYik Hoe, Sep 6, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 6, 2018
  3. change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

display language is in Japanese

Hello

I mistakenly changed my display language from English to Japanese.

I was trying to change the keyboard to be able to switch over to Japanese.

I made a mistake.

I'm a very beginner with Japanese. I cannot read Japanese.

How to I change back to English when everything is written in Japanese?

Thanks for you help.

Chris

ChristopherOlmsted, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

1. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese - Similar Threads - Unable change Display

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the Input language on the Japanese Microsoft IME settings on Windows 10...: The taskbar remains in English input display and Japanese input mode is NOT getting enabled.Getting below error message while trying to download 'Basic typing' Sorry we’re having trouble getting this optional feature installed error, You can try later. Error code: 0X0...
  5. Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition: I have just purchased a Russian Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, but though I can download language packs, I can't change the system language to English. I have tried the various options on other threads here, but none work. Can anyone help please?...
  6. Japanese is only available as display language Win10?

Japanese is only available as display language Win10?: Hello, I would like to add Japanese as INPUT LANGUAGE on my laptop. If I select Japanese in Settings -> language -> add language then it will only appear as display language and when I try to write I get an error message that the required dictionary is not installed....
  7. Displaying Japanese language on the monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Displaying Japanese language on the monitor: Recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro. On my previous computer, using Windows 10, I installed an app because IME didn't work, with that app I was able to have Japanese appear on the screen using qwerty keyboard as input. On the latest version of Windows I am...
  8. Japanese - Windows Display Language

Japanese - Windows Display Language: Hello. As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have...
  9. Language changed to Japanese!

Language changed to Japanese!: Hello, I added Japanese as a language to Windows 10 Home to try and solve another problem (which didn't work.) It was never set as default. However, when I restarted, all of the Windows text is in Japanese. I did my best to delete Japanese from the Language settings,...
  10. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"