Windows 10: Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

Discus and support Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just purchased a Russian Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, but though I can download language packs, I can't change the system language to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerryPage4, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

I have just purchased a Russian Laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, but though I can download language packs, I can't change the system language to English. I have tried the various options on other threads here, but none work.

Can anyone help please?

:)

TerryPage4, Sep 16, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 16, 2020
  3. unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition

1. Unable to change Windows Display Language on Home Edition - Similar Threads - Unable change Display

2. Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition: Hello, my overseas teammate bought a laptop with preinstalled Windows 11 Home Single Language non-English. But we need the laptop to function in English UK. How can we change the settings for the laptop to show in English? Thank you....
  3. Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change laptop language for Windows 11 Home Single Language edition: Hello, my overseas teammate bought a laptop with preinstalled Windows 11 Home Single Language non-English. But we need the laptop to function in English UK. How can we change the settings for the laptop to show in English? Thank you....
  4. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  5. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  6. Changing the default language of a Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing the default language of a Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition: While traveling in Costa Rica, our laptop was stolen and we had to buy a new one. Unfortunately, it came with only a Single Language Edition preset to Spanish. I've browsed many sites and hacks, but would like to know what is the official recommendation. My son needs it...
  7. Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 Home Single Language Display Language: When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in Portuguese, which I don't speak very well. I read the tutorials and tried to change the display language to English via...
  8. How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the language on Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition.: Hi All, I bought a laptop, in Turkey. I'm Turkish and I live in Poland and work in this country. It is a Toshiba with Windows 10 Home. The standard language is set to Turkish. I assumed that it should be an easy thing to change the language to English. Apparently, it's not,...
  9. Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows Display Language into Japanese: Hi, guys. My laptop was Acer with Windows 10. Currently I'm trying to change my Windows Display Lauguage into Japanese but it was unsuccessful. By looking at other user's question and their feedbacks, i found out that my laptop doesn't even show the way to install windows...
  10. Change Display language on HOME edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Display language on HOME edition: my laptop was delivered in my native language, Dutch. However, I always work in English and prefer that the Display language is also English My start Menu says " instellingen" and not " Setteings" I followed the instructions added a language in the settings menu...