Windows 10: Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop

Discus and support Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My own personal laptop won't let me change my Windows Hello PIN. It is not linked to a work or school account and it never has, also it only has one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Claudio Lluberes, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop

My own personal laptop won't let me change my Windows Hello PIN. It is not linked to a work or school account and it never has, also it only has one Microsoft account logged in my own. In "Other Accounts" there was an ASP.NET user, but I deleted it and it still doesn't work.

:)

Claudio Lluberes, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 25, 2021
  3. B_Patel Win User
    Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error:

"we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a pin later."

Any suggestion on how to solve this??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

B Patel

B_Patel, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop

1. Unable to change Windows Hello PIN in my personal laptop - Similar Threads - Unable change Hello

2. Unable to change my Windows Hello PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change my Windows Hello PIN.: I created a Windows Hello PIN at one time and now wish to change it. But, when I go to Accounts/Sign-in Options I don't see the "ways to sign in" that my other computer that uses Hello has. Instead, I see "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft...
  3. Unable to change my Windows Hello PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change my Windows Hello PIN.: I created a Windows Hello PIN at one time and now wish to change it. But, when I go to Accounts/Sign-in Options I don't see the "ways to sign in" that my other computer that uses Hello has. Instead, I see "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft...
  4. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  5. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  6. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to reset Hello Pin on a laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reset Hello Pin on a laptop: Hello, I am unable to delete or change the PIN code of a user in my organization. He forgot his code and I don't have a button that allows me to reset it see screenshot. When I connect to the local admin I have no problem making the change but when I am connected to the...
  8. Windows hello pin not available unable to change it

Windows hello pin not available unable to change it: There is no option to change my pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-not-available-unable-to-change/5b56a229-ac65-479a-b3b2-245c8b9d4f03
  9. unable to set my windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to set my windows hello pin: unable to set hello pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-my-windows-hello-pin/237b8312-155f-420b-8f28-13a4ad3d0445
  10. Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

Unable to change Windows Hello Pin: Hello, I currently run Windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. While attempting to log in to my laptop, I received a notification saying "Your organization requires that you change your pin". I changed my pin, but was forced to use a 6 digit pin instead of a 4...