Windows 10: Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

Discus and support Unable to change Windows Hello Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I currently run Windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. While attempting to log in to my laptop, I received a notification saying... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Navi999, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Navi999 Win User

Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

Hello,

I currently run Windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. While attempting to log in to my laptop, I received a notification saying "Your organization requires that you change your pin". I changed my pin, but was forced to use a 6 digit pin instead of a 4 digit pin. After logging in and attempting to change my pin back to 4 digits, I realized that there was no option to change it. The "Change" option is grayed out and there are two messages being displayed. "This option is currently unavailable" and "Something went wrong, try again later". This issue occurred right after I installed Office 365 for students. When setting up Microsoft Word I clicked yes on a option saying something along the lines of "give access to my settings". I uninstalled Office 365 and revoked consent from Microsoft yet the problem still persists.

Error Message: https://gyazo.com/df0ebed768a934e785a96e1f874f4a46

I would appreciate any help.

:)

Navi999, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

1. Unable to change Windows Hello Pin - Similar Threads - Unable change Hello

2. Window's Hello pin issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window's Hello pin issues: When I try to setup a Window's Hello pin, I follow trough Sign In Options, Go to windows hello pin, It says " sorry - this pin isn't working for your organisations resources. tap or click here to fix it, I click on that and follow through, A window pops up saying Set Up Pin,...
  3. Windows Hello Pin Reset?

Windows Hello Pin Reset?: hi, i try to log in to my account on microsoft store and it asks for a pin, but i dont know it and when i try to reset it in sign in options i am logged in on a seperate account....
  4. Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Hello Pin: I thought I'd got rid of the hello pin, but now the tablet screen came up with "your account requires a Windows Hello PIN" Help.......please 136472
  5. WINDOWS Hello PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS Hello PIN: How do I get RID of Windows PIN? I am SICK AND TIRED of it asking me to set up a PIN when I have done it a gazillion times. Then it won't let me in to change it in an endless loop of frustration. I don't CARE who steals my identity! JUST TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!...
  6. Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello Pin: Microsoft simple question about you Hello Pin: WHY! this is about the most useless "mandatory" setting you could have come up with only good out of it is I can disable it. While it might be a nice "option" making it a mandatory setting for configuration of a new device is...
  7. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...
  8. What is Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Windows Hello Pin: When I logged in to my computer I received the message "Your account. Requires a Windows Hello Pin A Windows Hello Pin makes signing in faster and more secure. Unlike a password, it only works on this device, so it stays off the web." There is a Create Pin area to click...
  9. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...
  10. Windows Hello PIN Loop

Windows Hello PIN Loop: I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except...