Windows 10: Unable to change Windows login password.

Discus and support Unable to change Windows login password. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardMerriman, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Unable to change Windows login password.

I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver.

1. I click the start menu button,

2. I click the settings icon button,

3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon,

4. I cannot find where my local user administrator account is to change its password. It tries to get me to sign in with a Microsoft account, but I don't want to use my Microsoft account for authenticating my computer login.

:)

RichardMerriman, Dec 21, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 21, 2019
  4. C180K Win User

Unable to change Windows login password.

Windows 10 login password problems

I have been unable to login in to my user account using my password. Although I'm able to login when using Safe Mode.

When I display a list of users in lusrmgr I'm displayed as my name, but when I display User Accounts my username is displayed as my email address and I'm unable to change my password. I have tried using a password manager software to reset my password, although
    the program indicates it's been changed to a blank one, on a reboot I'm still unable to login in.

C180K, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Unable to change Windows login password.

1. Unable to change Windows login password. - Similar Threads - Unable change login

2. Unable to login to windows with email and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to windows with email and password: Even after changing password I’m unable to login to windows 8.1 laptop Sony viao as admin and even one other user also can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-windows-with-email-and-password/dc6b3c50-85ca-48b7-a75d-de3378d6ea54
  3. Unable to login to windows with email and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to windows with email and password: Even after changing password I’m unable to login to windows 8.1 laptop Sony viao as admin and even one other user also can’t. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-windows-with-email-and-password/dc6b3c50-85ca-48b7-a75d-de3378d6ea54
  4. Unable to login a gmail account and change password of my user on windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login a gmail account and change password of my user on windows.: I can't change my user account password or anything related to my account , like adding a new email or anything it always shows error if i try to do so. Pplease help.[ATTACH]...
  5. login password into windows changed for no reason?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password into windows changed for no reason?: Hello, i have windows 10 home edition. This morning, i tried to login into my computer windows login to desktop and it said the password was wrong not the pin password. So i proceeded to click on the "forgot password?" link on the login screen and it prompted me to change it...
  6. Login Password known but unable to change PIN

Login Password known but unable to change PIN: Hi, I used to login to my laptop via Windows 10 with a fingerprint, but had to disable that to let another user use my laptop. I have a password, so can get into my laptop that way, but want to change my PIN - as I can't remember it - but it asks me for my original PIN not...
  7. Unable to change password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change password: I've tried going CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting 'Change Password' but when i go to click 'change password' after typing in my old password and a new one, it comes up with the following message: Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either...
  8. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login or change password Windows 10: Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried...
  9. Change of login password in windows 10

Change of login password in windows 10: Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not...
  10. Unable to login, no password field.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login, no password field.: I have a friend's HP Omni 120-1133w which was upgraded from win7 to win10 and was working fine. She had a power outage and ever since can't log in. It boots up to the lock screen with the time in the left corner and the wireless icon in the right corner. When you hit any key...