Windows 10: Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen

Discus and support Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop Specifications Name : Hp Pavilion x360 -14-cd0053tx Windows Insider Build : 19043.1052 A few days ago suddenly I faced an issue in which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NandkumarJadhav, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen

Laptop Specifications Name : Hp Pavilion x360 -14-cd0053tx Windows Insider Build : 19043.1052 A few days ago suddenly I faced an issue in which Whenever I Plugged my charger in the charging Port , The LED indicator used to glow White Instead of red which is required when I saw the charging status , it showed Plugged in Not charging as expected I tried the following steps from the forums : 1Disabling the Battery drivers 2Uninstalling the battery drivers 3Rebooting in BIOS for any Possible options Enabled "Show remaining Battery Time" 4Shut down And restarted multiple times 5R

:)

NandkumarJadhav, Jun 12, 2021

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 12, 2021
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

A further update on "Plugged in not charging" (PI,NC). A few days ago I deliberately discharged the laptop battery and on plugging the charger back in the battery was not charging. This time, because I had read the suggestion somewhere, I just disabled the Microsoft AC Adapter and the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager. I then enabled them and found the battery was now charging.
    Today, as a further test, I again let the battery discharge, down to 6%. When I switch the charger back on I found the battery icon displaying the "PI,NC" message when I hovered the cursor over it. I went into Device manager and disabled both the Adapter and the ACPI. Immediately a message appeared on the screen to the effect that hardware changes had been detected and the laptop would restart, which it did. The battery icon had disappeared, as expected, but the battery charging light was on. I went into Device Manager and both Adapter and ACPI were still both showing Disabled-Code 22. The battery charging light was still on however. I enabled both Adapter and ACPI and the battery icon re-appeared, again as expected. The battery was now showing 11% charge, so I conclude, though I do not understand how, that the battery was still charging in spite of having both Adapter and ACPI disabled. As I write I have now disabled the Adapter only in Device Manager but the battery is still charging. I have now enabled the Adapter and disabled the ACPI. As the battery icon has gone off screen I will wait a few minutes before I enable it and check the degree of battery charge. The battery charging light is still on I should add.
    Having now enabled the ACPI I have found the amount of charge on the battery has increased quite a bit.
    It seems to me that, as far as my second hand Dell E5420 Latitude laptop is concerned, it is necessary to disable the Adapter and/or ACPI in Device Manager to kick the battery charging process into action. I really would like to know why this is and, more importantly, what purpose the Adapter and ACPI in Device Manager serve other than to display the battery icon and start the charging process when disabled.

gordon99, Jun 12, 2021
  4. gordon99 Win User

Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen

1. Unable to charge battery , Instead Plugged in is seen - Similar Threads - Unable charge battery

2. Battery plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery plugged in not charging: I purchased a new battery just recently due to thinking the original was shot. When I put the new one in I was so excited that I was able to unplug my unit and it was still running. I later noticed that it stated "plugged in, not charging" and I have tried everything I could...
  3. battery not charging, plugged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    battery not charging, plugged in: battery not charging, plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-plugged-in/88491c52-331c-44b9-b54f-e250c0d5d1e9
  4. battery plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery plugged in but not charging.: The battery is plugged in but is not charging. Battery power down from 80% to 64%. Why the battery has not been charging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/fb632c93-3afc-4fc2-a314-fb557fc2d879
  5. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  6. Battery plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery plugged in,not charging: Hello,I yesterdday installed an update on my laptop and then when I plugged it in for charging it showed me 'Plugged in,not charging'.It is currently at 2% and turns off the moment I unplug it.I have tried the solution of taking the battery out and uninstalling the battery...
  7. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  8. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  9. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  10. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....