Windows 10: unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

Discus and support unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just build a new machine with a Gigabyte B85M-D3H mobo, Intel Pentium G3258 CPU, 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 1333 and 120GB Samsung EVO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 3Aconsulting, Sep 18, 2015.

1. unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

Hello,

I just build a new machine with a Gigabyte B85M-D3H mobo, Intel Pentium G3258 CPU, 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 1333 and 120GB Samsung EVO SSD. I now want to clean install Windows 10 Home (64-bit) from USB drive (created with media creation tool), but the machine is stuck in boot loop. The Windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the machine reboots, I don't have clue where in the boot process something goes wrong.
    I already tried with a usb stick with Windows 8 installation files and this starts without issues. I made sure Fast boot en secure boot were disabled but without success. Also already reset the BIOS with optimized settings.
    Someone any idea what might be the cause and how to solve this?

The stick boots till the first screen on different other machines.

Regards

Guy

:)

3Aconsulting, Sep 18, 2015
  2. apodictus Win User

Windows 10 build 10168/10240 incompatible with Intel G3258 processor

Dear Microsoft,

Please google "windows 10 G3258 problem". Google is picking up on this, why isn't Microsoft? Please pay some attention to this problem. It's isn't so hard to piece together what's happening

Refering to generic Microsoft articles isn't adressing the real problem. Somehow after build 10130 code was introduced that's seems to effect systems based on an Intel G3258 processor. From the different posts it seems the chipset (H81 or Z97) doesn't really
    matter. The processor seems key.

Simply boot any G3258 based system (with all cores enabled) and windows 10 won't boot after build 10130 (10240, 10168 etc). Upgrades from any build (10130 or less) from to 10168/10240 will fail with 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 error
    unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop [​IMG]

or a boot loop. Any attempt of a clean clean system install and/or boot from 10168/10240 installation media (DVD / USB) will result in a boot loop. Believe me I've tried everything and so have others with the same results.

The only confirmed "workarround" so far is disabling a processor core in the BIOS. Effectively turning the G3258 into a single core processor. Once you do that all other options suddenly work: upgrade via windows update, upgrade via DVD/USB, clean install
    from DVD/USB. This workaround will allow you to update windows 10 to build TH1 10240 via any of the usual means. However once you are on 10240 and try to enable all processor cores again you are back at a boot loop.

Unless Microsoft wakes up and fixes this bug any G3258 system will not be able to upgrade to windows 10 as the majority of system owners won't even begin to grasp howto disable a core in the BIOS (if they even now what a BIOS is)

apodictus, Sep 18, 2015
  3. PC reboots endlesly whenever the updates are installed on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 went into endless reboot loop

Hi,

Every 3 months my installation of Windows gets into reboot loop connected with the updates.

Normally I just press F8, select recovery point, boot Windows and remove updates that look suspicious to me. And live another couple of months until next unlucky update comes to me.

Last time I was unable to roll back, both recovery points are useless. If I boot from USB drive the only applicable option is to recover Windows installation and remove all installed programs. This is defnitely not what I want to do, as it will take me
    several days to reinstall my complete software suite.

Is there a way to recover installation using USB drive (as I'm unable to boot from HD now) and not to lose installed applications?

Thank you,

Mike

MichaelKachalin, Sep 18, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

Hi and welcome to the forum *Smile

Just to confirm. This is a new device without any previous Windows edition installed previously yeah?

If so, then please check that:

• Your bios is configured correctly.
    • When configuring you bios, double-check it is set properly as either EFI or Legacy. It appears from your post that this may already have been done
    • Assuming you want EFI system, you need to ensure that the USB installation is booting as an EFI disk. Not sure if this would cause the loop you are trapped within. But it is worth confirming.

WhyMe, Sep 18, 2015
  5. Thank you for the quick reply ;-)
    Just forced to only use UEFI, but to no avail. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by correctly configuring the BIOS?
    What could be the items to pay special attention to?

Some additional info, so as mentioned the windows logo shows but the twisting dots never show. So it is before that progress indicator shows up that the system restarts.

6. Okay, I resolved the issue. I updated the BIOS to the most recent version for this rev 1.1 mobo being F15 (which contained a microcode to support Windows 10) and this fixed the issue.

Hope this helps other people running into similar issues.

7. Ztruker Win User
    How are you going to activate Windows 10?
    Did you already complete an upgrade to Windows 10 and then activate before doing the clean install? If not you won't be able to activate it.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

1. unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop - Similar Threads - unable clean install

2. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  3. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  4. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  6. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop: Recently I’ve been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive, and all of my old files are backed up elsewhere. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB containing the installation media, the windows logo appears only for a brief second before a command...
  7. Windows 10 clean installation USB boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 clean install boot loop

Windows 10 clean install boot loop: I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I bought a windows 10 home USB from best buy what the geeks said I needed. While doing the install it failed at about 25%.Now when I...
  9. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  10. Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?

Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?: Hi all, first post, so hoping I'm in the right place :/ ... I'm literally pulling what hair I have left out with this, normally this is a routine task for me, but I'm well and truly stumped, so thought I'd ask a Windows 10 community ... I have Windows 10 Education x64,...