Windows 10: Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft

Discus and support Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've changed my Windows Home OEM to windows pro using the Organisation product key a few months ago. Now I want to get back to Windows Home OEM by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prabhath Kumar Rayabarapu, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft

I've changed my Windows Home OEM to windows pro using the Organisation product key a few months ago. Now I want to get back to Windows Home OEM by clean installation. My laptop is running few problems like getting stuck, slow running applications, late restart timing, files getting corrupted, driver issues, etc..... I feel clean installation of my windows would solve all my problems and can get my laptop back to windows Home OEM. As I don't have a 64GB USB flash drive, I've come to know about the refresh windows tool provided by Microsoft Refresh Windows Tool . But when I run it, it is giving an error code: 0x80072F76 - 0x20016 as shown in the picture. Please help me with this.
    Thank You in advance
    Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft 281f957a-f422-4d4c-b60e-4b6c9f77ee61?upload=true.jpg

:)

Prabhath Kumar Rayabarapu, Apr 3, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Wile E Win User

Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Perform a Clean Install with a Vista Upgrade Disc - Windows Vista Tips / Tricks /Tutorials | Vista Rewired

Wile E, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft

1. Unable to clean install windows using refresh windows tool by microsoft - Similar Threads - Unable clean install

2. Unable to do a clean installation using tool provided by microsoft wevsite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to do a clean installation using tool provided by microsoft wevsite: Dear support,I was facing some problems with my windows pc,first of all lost audio, did everything from going to device manager, disabling and reenabling audio driver, rolling back, update etc. Nothing worked. when troubleshooting it said, couldn't find audio device.Then upon...
  3. Refresh Windows Tool not working

Refresh Windows Tool not working: Hello, I need to perform a clean installation on a remote PC, and I guess right now the only option I have is to use the Windows 10 Refresh tool. But when I run the tool it says: "the language or edition of the version of windows currently installed is not supported by this...
  4. Installing Refresh windows tool over a dodgy OS

Installing Refresh windows tool over a dodgy OS: So i had a lovley new version of Windows 10 Home. It got ruined after malware and a failed factory reset and I am now looking at some dodgy Windows 7, 10 hybrid. In the reset process it also set up workplace group policies that established admin rights above my user...
  5. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  6. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  7. Clean install issue of 'windows 10 pro edu' using installation media tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install issue of 'windows 10 pro edu' using installation media tool: I want to clean install windows 10 using creation tool but the problem is that 'pro edu' edition of windows 10 is not an option to select. I have digital licensed window. Would installing windows 10 edu only edition be digitally activated?...
  8. Clean install vs refresh or restore

Clean install vs refresh or restore: Back with XP/7 and maybe 8 doing a format and clean install was the prefered way to install an OS or to fix errors I have updated to win10 from 8 which carried over all my previously installed programs, but was considering a clean install via usb and reinstalling all the...
  9. Clean Install or Refresh ?

Clean Install or Refresh ?: Because of some problems I want to reinstall Windows 10. I have done a repair reinstall twice and not entirely happy. I get the error on shutdown that Explorer can't write to a memory location and my memory has been tested (memtest86). There is also a display problem with...
  10. Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.

Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.: I was refreshing Windows 10 to fix some issues with the store, when after at least 90% completion, the PC looped into restarting again and again. Eventually, I installed windows 10 from a USB, and now i've lost my upgrade, and Microsoft views it as two PC's. In addition to...