Windows 10: Unable to clean usb using diskpart

Discus and support Unable to clean usb using diskpart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I encountered an error that when using diskpart i was unable to clean my usb drive, I searched the internet for answers but any answer can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrrishDhaneja, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Unable to clean usb using diskpart

Yesterday I encountered an error that when using diskpart i was unable to clean my usb drive, I searched the internet for answers but any answer can't fix up my problem, so can anyone help me? Unable to clean usb using diskpart 3a4fd7a0-ab60-47a1-b26d-16c917ed9752?upload=true.png

:)

KrrishDhaneja, Mar 26, 2021
  2. ClarenceE Win User

Diskpart: the clean function fails to clean usb drive

When using the Diskpart function to clean a usb drive, the utility fails to complete the clean function giving the error message that is followed by not being able to access the drive.

I then must do the create partition primary command and that works. From there on I am able to select the partition 1, format in fat32, assign and exit.

I would like to know how to get the Clean command in the Diskpart utility to work properly.

By the way, note that the usb/s that I do this only all check out with regard to having no disk errors and the usb/s do not have a write protect on them.

Thank you for your help in advance.

On 23 Oct 2017, the Microsoft Community Team asked if this inquiry was solved so I am posting here that nobody has responded to this question, except the one post from lacrumb below that suggested I repost in another place, which I did.

The new Fall Creators update went well, but the clean function internal to Diskpart still throws back the unable to access disk message. When I enter the create partition primary, it is created, but again the clean command throws back the same response and
    it all starts again, meaning I can create a partition primary and even use the USB thumb drive.

ClarenceE, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Cris1 Win User
    Diskpart Clean USB Problem

I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web:
    • Plug in the flash drive.
    • At a command prompt run: diskpart
    • List disk (Enter)
    • Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter)
    • Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including partitions
    Once done, I exited the cmd then proceeded to go into disk management and select on what I think is the usb drive I plugged in. I then proceeded to click New Simple Volume and go through it normally. I then realized that the partition I did was not my usb but something else, however there are no other external storage medias plugged in to my PC, only my usb and I know that I didn't select my internal hard drives. I say it's something else because I still can't access my USB it says to insert a disk drive on (drive letter). And I am free to unplug my usb and the extra drive would still be there. I think I bricked something, I'm asking for help with my situation. Any feedbacks are well appreciated, thanks!
    EDIT: Forgot to mention, the size of my USB is 32gb and the partition I created was only 12gb without any files inside of it. I don't know what I was thinking.

Cris1, Mar 26, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Unable to clean usb using diskpart

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Unable to clean usb using diskpart

1. Unable to clean usb using diskpart - Similar Threads - Unable clean usb

2. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  3. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart clean: Hello,I recently used clean command in diskpart and it is the only drive in my laptop and i installed windows in it. How do i get the files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/d5d23cc0-1366-4054-b1ee-8645fa015585
  4. Diskpart clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  6. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001, i tried to clean...
  7. Diskpart Clean USB Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart Clean USB Problem: I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web: Plug in the flash drive. At a command prompt run: diskpart List disk (Enter) Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter) Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including...
  8. Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally Cleaned my USB Through Diskpart: Earlier today I was trying to format one of my partitions with my usb plugged in through diskpart but instead bricked my usb. I used diskpart clean thinking the 30gb disk was my partition for some reason but it was actually my 30gb usb. I tried formatting it through the file...
  9. Unable to clean disk using diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean disk using diskpart: Hi there! when trying to install windows 10 after it corrupting itself, ive been faced with the issue of not being able to delete the partition of my drive with the system files on it (it gave an error code that was something along the lines of 0x80700001), i tried to clean...
  10. DISKPART CLEAN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISKPART CLEAN: Why won't diskpart clean work on my laptop? Thank you [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean/14acc163-1e60-4373-8363-c5942ae68e51