Windows 10: unable to clear all history on task view

Discus and support unable to clear all history on task view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remove all my history on task view yet there is this Microsoft store cant remove it : Need help. It stayed for almost a week.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ether123, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ether123 Win User

unable to clear all history on task view

I remove all my history on task view yet there is this Microsoft store cant remove it : Need help.

It stayed for almost a week.

:)

Ether123, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Unable to clear all Task View items

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that not all the Task View history is cleared from the Timeline in your Windows 10 computer.

Ideally, when you use the option to clear Activity History, this would clear all the viewing history from the timeline. However, we can check a few settings and see if you are able to clear the Task View timeline.

I would suggest you to check
    Manage activity history settings
    and see if you are able to clear the Timeline.
    Please make sure to read the “Notes” section before making the changes.

If you want to clear the entire Activity History from your device, you can you can clear and delete both the activity history stored on your device and sent to the Microsoft cloud. Select
    Start, then select
    Settings>
    Privacy>
    Activity history. Under
    Clear activity history, select
    Clear.

If you still see the items in the timeline, you can try the manual steps:

• Press Windows + E key to open
      File
      Explorer.
    • Browse to C:\Users<Your User Name>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\
    • Search for the file ActivitiesCache.db.
    • Right
      click on Taskbar and open Task
      Manager.
    • Go to Services tab and look for the service
      CPDUserSvc_XXXXXX <XXXXX is a random number>
    • Right click on the CPDUserSvc_XXXXXX
      and select Stop.
    • Now go to ActivitiesCache.db and rename the file to
      ActivitiesCache.db.old. Delete the rest of the file in the folder.
      Do not delete the folder.
    • Restart the computer and check if the items are still in the Task View Timeline.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Unable to clear my task view

even though I cleared the activity history several times ,there is one web page that is that is stuck in my task view . Could you suggest a way to remove it permanently .

ArjunlalJawaharlal, Aug 5, 2020
  4. unable to clear all history on task view

task view cant clear history. how to clear or delete this away drom my task view?? is annoying. aow_drv.log

task view cant clear history. how to clear or delete this away drom my task view?? is annoying. aow_drv.log

andyleefat, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

unable to clear all history on task view

1. unable to clear all history on task view - Similar Threads - unable clear history

2. How to enable, view, and clear Task Scheduler History in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable, view, and clear Task Scheduler History in Windows 11: [IMG]Task Scheduler, the built-in utility from Microsoft lets you schedule any task to initiate automatically. For example, you can create a task for your monthly bills and schedule it and it will automatically open at the scheduled time. All these entries you make to create...
  3. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  4. Unable to clear my task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clear my task view: even though I cleared the activity history several times ,there is one web page that is that is stuck in my task view . Could you suggest a way to remove it permanently ....
  5. task view cant clear history. how to clear or delete this away drom my task view?? is...

task view cant clear history. how to clear or delete this away drom my task view?? is...: task view cant clear history. how to clear or delete this away drom my task view?? is annoying. aow_drv.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-cant-clear-history-how-to-clear-or/aef41bc6-2dd8-471e-ae33-73154e2733a3
  6. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  7. Unable to clear protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...
  8. Clear everything from the "Task View"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear everything from the "Task View": How do I clear EVERYTHING from the Task View? I bring up the Task View & then right click on what I want to get rid of.I get 2 choices: 1-Remove 2_ Clear everything from earier today (or the date of the thing I want cleared). BUT, somethings will not disapperar. Even when...
  9. WHY CAN'T I CLEAR TASK VIEW ?

WHY CAN'T I CLEAR TASK VIEW ?: WHY CAN'T I CLEAR TASK VIEW ? I HAVE FOLLED ALL THE WEB SITE SUGGESTENS ------THEY ARE USELESS!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-clear-task-view/151e4189-347b-4276-92a5-849731213ec7
  10. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....