Windows 10: Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows...

Discus and support Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please any body help me with a proper solution.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AraniAranyak, May 9, 2019.

1. Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows...

Please any body help me with a proper solution. Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows... 0c584b19-e560-410a-8d15-8e2fd3d983a1?upload=true.png

:)

AraniAranyak, May 9, 2019

2. Windows defender is not clearing the history

Adding another threat detection to the list will usually reset the Clear history
    button:

Why Windows Defender can't clear its history of the affected items records?

Just add one of these test detections, and then try again:

The eicar.com test file:

http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html

The AMTSO Feature Settings Check for Desktop Solutions:

AMTSO Security Features Check Tools | AMTSO

The Windows Defender Testground site:

Home - Windows Defender Testground

GreginMich, May 9, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, May 9, 2019
  4. Lapski Win User

Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows...

Windows Defender Security Center Manual Scanning Controls (Application) Location

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for the assistance.

Prior to Windows Defender Security Center update, the original Windows 10 Defender provided user manual individual file and complete computer scans with non-Windows security systems installed (Kaspersky Total Security).
    Removal or disabling the Kaspersky Total Security program before making a Windows 10 Defender user enacted manual scan was not a prerequisite or requirement.

The upgrade Windows Defender Security Center software does provide user manual scans with the
    Kaspersky Total Security System enabled, but it is enacted outside the actual Windows Defender Security Center controlling screen.

Please Perform the following Windows 10 Computer Steps:

1. Open File Explore.

2. Highlight (right click), but not activate an individual file (PDF, DOCX, etc.) or computer drive (C: etc.).

3. Right click the highlighted file or drive.

4. A drop box of options/actions are provided.

5. Click on option "Scan with Windows Defender."

6. From the Windows Defender Security Center "Advance Scan" screen, Windows Defender is activated and the file or drive is scanned.

7. Scanning process ends with provided results.

8. Left side of Advance Scan screen, click on "Home" icon.

9. Windows Defender Security Center home screen is provided, but there is no provision for starting a Defender scan on this page.

10. To enact a new scan, repeat steps 1. thru 7

Even though a non-Windows security program is installed and active, the new Windows 10 Defender will provide user enacted manual scans.

The question is how to active a scan from the Windows Defender Security Center or form a shortcut icon, app, etc.?

Please consider what is present and provide the method of accessing the Defender scanning process without going through the above computer steps all the time.

Thank you -- Awaiting inputs.

Lapski, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows...

1. Unable to clear protection history manually in windows defender security center in Windows... - Similar Threads - Unable clear protection

2. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  3. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  4. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  5. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  6. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to clear "protected memory access blocked" manually in protection history whereas...

Unable to clear "protected memory access blocked" manually in protection history whereas...: When I try to clear my protection history manually by deleting "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Services", my history of threat notifications are cleared but protected memory access blocked remains in the list.Win 10 Version 21H1Toshiba Satellite L630...
  8. Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History

Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History: Hello I wonder if anyone can help I'm using Windows 10 Home & also use Windows Defender for protection For some reason I am unable to clear the protection history , I have entries going back as far as 1/8/2020. I have tried numerous ways to clear it , deleting scan...
  9. Unable to clear protection history

Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...
  10. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear protection history

2. how to remove protection history defender

3. how to delete protection history

4. How To Clear Protection History,
  5. clear protection history windows defender,
  6. how to clean windows defender history win 10,
  7. clear protection history in windows defender,
  8. delete protection history,
  9. windows defender clear protection history,
  10. how to delete protection history in defender,
  11. clear windows security protection history,