Windows 10: Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ronald J W, May 1, 2019.

1. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete.

Your advice on whats happing

Thanks

:)

Ronald J W, May 1, 2019

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, May 1, 2019
  3. Timeline keeps vanishing

Hello Janae, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

You can use Cortana to review your activities history – the feature Timeline offers.

To troubleshoot your problem with Timeline I recommend that you clear the Activity History. To do it, follow the steps below:

Click on ‘Windows key + I’ and open Settings

Go to Privacy - Activity history

Press ‘Clear’ under ‘Clear activity history’

Press ‘Manage my Microsoft Account activity data’

Sign in using your Microsoft account if it is asked

Press ‘Activity history’

You will see your previous activities under ‘Activity history’

You will see an option ‘Clear activity’ on the right top of the activities list

Be notified, if you clear the app and service usage data, you will never recover or restore them. Do, be careful and read the terms.

Restart your system.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, May 1, 2019
  4. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

Windows 10 Timeline cannot be disabled nor have its history removed properly

Under settings --> Privacy --> Activity History , I have unchecked the options 'Let windows collect my activities' and 'Let windows sync activities to cloud' , turn off 'show activities from accounts' and proceed to Clear activity history.

However, some of the history in timeline is still showing and as such, it does not seem like the feature is completely disabled. If i try to remove the history from timeline directly via right click --> remove/clear all for xxx date , the history still remains
    and nothing happens.

I have tried using a different user account but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how to completely disable timeline / remove all history as the normal procedure does not seem to be working for me, without resorting to reverting back to an older version of windows 10 before timeline was introduced.

LiYongkang, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

1. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable clear timeline

2. Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History: Hello I wonder if anyone can help I'm using Windows 10 Home & also use Windows Defender for protection For some reason I am unable to clear the protection history , I have entries going back as far as 1/8/2020. I have tried numerous ways to clear it , deleting scan...
  3. Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working: Activity history timeline suddenly stopped working a day or so back. I've tried all/most of the solutions online - still not remembering anything. Settings page on laptop has identical setup less than older posts online but it works and desktop does not! Any ideas to help...
  4. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  5. Unable to clear protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to clear protection history: I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History... I have tried... Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender Right click on it and select...
  6. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  7. Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903 - Task View Timeline / Activity History not populating: I have a client who is finding their Task View is not populating with recent document history/activity. The client runs a volume licensed copy of Office 2019. Activity history has been working fine until recently. Some apps such as Paint will still correctly populate the...
  8. Clearing Activity History Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing Activity History Problem: Hi, I turned off collecting and cleared all my Activity History (Win 10 - 1803), but one file from one a month won't clear, it sticks there kind of greyed out. Nothing happens when clicked. This is a bug or ... ? Any idea about this? Regards [img] [img] 120369
  9. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your...
  10. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting greyed out activities on hp laptop

2. deleting greyed out activity from timeliine

3. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

4. unable to delete activity from Task View,
  5. how to remove greyed activity,
  6. how to delete greyed out items in win timeline,
  7. greyed out on task view,
  8. how to clear timeline history,
  9. removing greyed out activities on timeline,
  10. cleared activity history but an activity remains on timeline,
  11. how to remove grayed out activity on computer,