Windows 10: Unable to click "free" button download in store...

Discus and support Unable to click "free" button download in store... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, Noticed this issue on my laptop recently. I chose to reset my laptop to factory settings as it wasn't running the way I wanted to so I did a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by wazzaevo, Nov 23, 2018.

1. wazzaevo Win User

Unable to click "free" button download in store...

Hello,

Noticed this issue on my laptop recently. I chose to reset my laptop to factory settings as it wasn't running the way I wanted to so I did a factory reset.

Since the reset and updates installed I noticed that when I attempt to choose an app to download (apps I have previously had) it flashes up very quickly "Free" so as I hover over to click it disappears, then appears to be shaded out and the link does not work and no action is taken thereafter.

I can see a few messages boards with topics of similar areas so I was hoping someone would know a fix or potentially what I should do.

Cheers!

:)

wazzaevo, Nov 23, 2018

2. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate you interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to download Apps from Windows Store, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Kindly let us know if you are able to see any error message/ notification.

I suggest you to login through administrator Microsoft Account and perform the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Re-register the Store App and check.

• Right click on Start button on the desktop and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Here, User Account Control window pops up and click on
      Yes to open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.

• Type the below command in the Command Prompt:

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Unable to download from Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• What is the actual issue you are facing?
    • Are you unable to download Apps from Windows Store?

Please provide us a screen shot of the issue if possible.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store by following the steps below and check if it helps.

Press “Windows key + R”, type “WSReset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.

Please revert with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Unable to click "free" button download in store...

Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Unable to click "free" button download in store...

1. Unable to click "free" button download in store... - Similar Threads - Unable click free

2. Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store: I have a product key for a free trial of the Affinity Suite, but I only get the option to buy in the Microsoft Store. Is their a way around this- I seem to be stuck in S mode....
  3. No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly

No "Buy" or "Free" buttons in Store suddenly: I went to grab a couple free games and the MS Store has no buttons to "purchase" them any longer. Yes I am logged in and no this is not a problem with the MS Store App as I first tried to get the game through my browser and there is no buttons there either. There also is no...
  4. Free game - no download or install button

Free game - no download or install button: I am trying to get an old board game -Twixt. I found it through a bing search, the result of Get TwixT gives me this address: Get TwixT - Microsoft Store There is no download or install options, but if I return to the sstore I get the message that I already own it....
  5. Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store: So not too long ago I bought the $1 pc pass for the xbox thing for pc games. I wanted to download The Outer Worlds but I can't click on the install button at all. And by at all, I mean that when I hover my mouse over the button it shows the error symbol like "not available."...
  6. Microsoft store hangs on clicking install button

Microsoft store hangs on clicking install button: I can open and search the apps in Microsoft app store but when I click on install button the app is freezing and I am not able to anything. I tried running the windows trouble shooter and clear app store cache as suggested here nothing worked. Request your help to sort...
  7. No Download button on windows store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Download button on windows store apps: hello. I just wanted to download a game, which is new. Asphalt Xtreme. So when I went to the store, opened up the game page and I didn't saw a download button. The other day the button was there. But today when I wanted to download an other app, there was no download or...
  8. Unable to download from store

Unable to download from store: Greetings, I am unable to download anything from the store. Every time I try a download it stays set to "Pending". I have tried everything I could find on the net from wsreset.exe to checking updates to calling on the flying spaghetti monster. Nothing helps. Initially...
  9. Download 29,371 fonts with one click [Free]

Download 29,371 fonts with one click [Free]: [img] [img] Download 29,371 fonts with one click - Download fonts Or Google Drive How to install fonts on my computer 1. Installing a font in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 Download a new font from the Internet. Open the folder containing the new font...
  10. Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons: Hi, I was hoping I can get some advise here. Previously I posted it on Technet but no one answer. I have just upgraded 50 and more of my users to Windows 10 build 10586, and I realize that some of their search and Windows button are not responding when click. Steps...