Windows 10: Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

Discus and support Unable to click hidden items in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been wondering why i cant click show hidden items in file explorer. It has been a problem for a while now and i do not know how to make it work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joshua eubanks, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

I have been wondering why i cant click show hidden items in file explorer. It has been a problem for a while now and i do not know how to make it work. It started working again one time but then stopped working again.

:)

joshua eubanks, Nov 7, 2018

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 7, 2018
  3. File Explorer and K drive (DVD-RW) opens automatically on start up

Hi Andrew,

Are you getting any error messages? I would suggest checking the Startup folder to see if File Explorer is added.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • In the Run command type "%userprofile%" without quotes.
    • Navigate to the following location:

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    • Right click and delete any entry here.
    • Uncheck Hidden Items once done.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

How To Disable "Show/Hide Hidden Items" Box In View Tab In File Explorer

Hello,

I am an Administrator of a PC and I have one User. I have some hidden folders and files and want to hidden these from user. So I want to disable the "Hidden Items" Box, so the users cannot unhide the hidden files.

How is it possible without 3rd Party Tools? In Windows 7, I do this through Group Policy but here I am applying the same policy and it works and it is preventing users from unhide the file through "Folder Options". But In Windows 10, Users can simply unhide
    the files through go to the "View" tab and then Tick On the "Hidden Items" Box.

How to Hide or Disable "Hidden Items" Box or "View" tab in File Explorer..?

Thanks In Advance.

Syed Ali ImamJafri, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

1. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer - Similar Threads - Unable click hidden

2. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  3. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  4. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  6. How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View

How to DISABLE Hidden Items in File Explorer - View: I need to remove the ability of students 'poking' around in File Explorer. I want to DISABLE their ability by DISABLING the Hidden Items checkbox on the View command tab. I've tried this, but does not lock them out: Code:...
  7. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

Hide file bypassing show hidden items?: I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides...
  8. Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Unable to hide my "hidden files": When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them not show while I use the file explorer, I have to go to the view settings are change the "show hidden files/folders" setting...
  9. Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.

Image files not showing up in Windows Explorer despite "Hidden Items" selected.: I have been a long time user of Windows Media Player since I was I was very young but as I grew older; I started exploring other media players and found a program namedWinAmp. Although both of these programs have their own method of adding an album art to the files there...
  10. Hidden File Explorer app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to click on items in windows explorer