Windows 10: Unable to click on anything after crash

Discus and support Unable to click on anything after crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing The Witcher 3, and right after hitting the "quit" button to close the game my entire system froze, and I could still hear the game music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HefJef64, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Unable to click on anything after crash

I was playing The Witcher 3, and right after hitting the "quit" button to close the game my entire system froze, and I could still hear the game music even though the process seemed to have stopped. I tried hitting every single shortcut I knew but the pc was completely unresponsive. I had to forcefully shut it down by holding down the power button. After booting again I was unable to use my mouse to interact with the os, everything seems to be working fine when using the keyboard to open stuff but the mouse clicks don't do anything.

Yes I have tried sfc /scannow Yes I have tried DSIM.exe /yadda /yadda Yes I unplugged the mouse and tried another one

Booting the system in Safe Mode resolves the issue, which gives me some hope, but how do I identify the process/service that Is causing it?

This happened to me years ago, and I had to completely reinstall windows to get it to work again, glad to see it still exists 4 years later.

I have noticed that right before the login screen comes up there is a black screen that hangs there for longer than usual, which is worrying to say the least.

I really do not want to reinstall windows and spend 3 months getting my working environment back to its original status.

Windows 10 PRO 10.0.18362

submitted by /u/HefJef64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HefJef64, Mar 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 18, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Unable to click on anything after crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Unable to click on anything after crash

1. Unable to click on anything after crash - Similar Threads - Unable click anything

2. Unable to click on anything after awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on anything after awhile: When using my computer, I was suddenly unable to click on anything and went to restart it, which did fix the problem but then eventually happened again. The next day after this problem, when starting up my PC, Windows showed that the critical process had died and kept showing...
  3. Unable to click on anything after awhile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click on anything after awhile: When using my computer, I was suddenly unable to click on anything and went to restart it, which did fix the problem but then eventually happened again. The next day after this problem, when starting up my PC, Windows showed that the critical process had died and kept showing...
  4. Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar: I recently purchased an Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it's been running fine since I bought it. The only issue is that Windows 10 started glitching and randomly clicks on icons with windows programs sporadically like in settings, the search bar, etc. When it does this I'm unable...
  5. Monitor flickering after sign-in unable to click anything

Monitor flickering after sign-in unable to click anything: I recently built a new computer and it was working fine yesterday and today has been having issues with the display.It is currently using a asus tuff gaming motherboard and amd cpu and msi geforce graphics card. Earlier today I started up my computer and it fixed my C drive....
  6. File explorer windows completely unresponsive and being unable to click anything after...

File explorer windows completely unresponsive and being unable to click anything after...: A few days ago I started having a problem with the explorer. Whenever I click a file, the windows stops working it doesnt say not responding though. I used sfc /scannow but it was no use. I restarted, killed explorer, restarted explorer, hard reset, removing updates, fixing...
  7. I’m unable to click on anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m unable to click on anything.: Pretty much what the title says. I can’t click on anything. I’ve opened things, and now apparently I can’t even restart my computer. I can’t click the X to get out of the programs. I tried switching the click mouse button, that didn’t work. I made sure mouses are plugged in...
  8. Unable to click anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to click anything: A few days ago, after an update, when I boot into my computer, occasionally I'm unable to click on anything in the desktop, or task bar. I'm still able to move my mouse, and I can still access the start menu by using the keyboard, but clicking on anything won't do anything....
  9. Windows Explorer Crash when right click on anything!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Crash when right click on anything!: Please help I'm having a big problem every time I right click on any file or folder Windows Explorer Crashes this started for no reason if someone can help me it would be great....
  10. Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to left click on almost anything at the taskbar: Hello, I know that this might be an old issue, but I tried some of the solutions mentioned earlier this year here and on other websites but none worked for me.. Is there a new fix for this issue? Thanks, 56445