Windows 10: Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

Discus and support Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tal_unavaliable, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on the right side. I AM however, able to click on apps that show up on the taskbar. I also noticed that when I open the windows settings app, I am not able to open certain sections inside the menu, such as the Windows Security, User Accounts, and some more. I am able to see the general page, but when I try to make a new account, it pops up for a second and the closes down. Furthermore, I noticed that I am not able to search for anything in my file

:)

tal_unavaliable, Jan 12, 2022

2. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

Cortana, Task Bar and Start Menu not working.

Original Title:

My Windows 10 Task Bar and Start Menu are not working.

Hello,

Since the beginning of the month, my task bar and start menu are not functioning correctly. I am unable to right click on programs on the task bar. I am unable left click on the volume control, notifcations, internet, or calendar/time. Left clicking on the
    start menu and cortona does nothing either.

I have searched online for a few fixes, but nothing seems to work.

Would appreciate any help.

Zarek Shaikh

ZarekShaikh, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

1. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar. - Similar Threads - Unable click taskbar

2. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  3. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  4. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.: Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on the right side. I AM however, able to click on apps that show up on the taskbar. I also noticed that when I open the windows...
  6. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.: Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on the right side. I AM however, able to click on apps that show up on the taskbar. I also noticed that when I open the windows...
  7. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...