Windows 10: Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

Discus and support Unable to click Windows 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I made a short video of the issue here: https://youtu.be/Bi47jEYQhmw Hopefully it helps, I thought it was maybe my keys sticking. This has happened... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jamiebeatrup, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

I made a short video of the issue here: https://youtu.be/Bi47jEYQhmw

Hopefully it helps, I thought it was maybe my keys sticking. This has happened once before for me on windows, though I believe it was on my laptop and the issue resolved itself, as far as I can remember. It also has the same problem in "Calculator" though I did not film this.

Any help would be great typing is very hard I had to really spam the F key to get a single button press to register.

:)

jamiebeatrup, Jan 25, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would recommend you to run
    search and indexing troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      search and indexing troubleshooter.
    Please be informed that, it is not possible to revert back to the Windows 7 Start menu. However, I suggest you to give your valuable feedback and suggestion using Windows feedback app.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 25, 2019
  4. I_askYou Win User

Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

1. Unable to click Windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - Unable click search

2. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  3. Unable to type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in windows search bar: Hi all, Recently, I realised I am unable to type in windows search bar and other applications sticky notes, outlook app sign in, windows store search bar after installing the latest windows update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019157.I have...
  4. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.: Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on the right side. I AM however, able to click on apps that show up on the taskbar. I also noticed that when I open the windows...
  5. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.: Hello, I am having an issue with not being able to click on the start menu on my taskbar, or being able to click on the dates, calendar, time, etc.. on the right side. I AM however, able to click on apps that show up on the taskbar. I also noticed that when I open the windows...
  6. Unable to click on the taskbar search bar, start menu, dates, etc on the windows task bar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to click on anything, glitching, cant click on search bar: I recently purchased an Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it's been running fine since I bought it. The only issue is that Windows 10 started glitching and randomly clicks on icons with windows programs sporadically like in settings, the search bar, etc. When it does this I'm unable...
  8. Windows 10 search bar crashing after clicked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar crashing after clicked: Video: https://imgur.com/a/h8RfCOr I can only type in 2 letters before it closes, making the search bar unusable. This only happens on a certain local profile. If I create a new user then it works, but I’m hoping there’s an easier solution. I have tried: -Updating Windows...
  9. Unable to Open Search Bar in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    Unable to Open Search Bar in Windows 10?: Hi. I am unable to open the search bar in Windows 10. Can anybody tell me what is the reason and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-search-bar-in-windows-10/9c903b0c-5d76-4c41-990e-79c16f01b4e0"
  10. Unable to type into Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to type into Search Bar: Is anybody else experiencing issues of not being able to type into search bar. I tried restarting search as well as resetting it. submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f26d6q/unable_to_type_into_search_bar/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to search in windows 10 search bar

2. unable to click in search bar

3. windows 10 task bar unable to click

4. windows 10 unable to click on search bar,
  5. windows unable to click surround