Windows 10: Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Discus and support Unable to come out of Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; These are the drivers that I'm using: Intel 3000 driver - Win 7/8 (source: Intel) https://www.tenforums.com/redirect-to...ows-7-8-64-bit Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carbo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Gtor1579 Win User

Unable to come out of Sleep mode

I CAN GLADLY CONFIRM, THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a bunch... I'll buy you a coffee if I ever run into you lad

Gtor1579, Aug 5, 2015

2. The method left by mrsmith988works on my Dell XPS L502x.
    Many thanks to them!

FlyingTitan, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Muir Win User
    I have already gone back to Windows 8.1+Classic Shell, and will wait a couple months before I try again.

4. artie Win User

Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Home Premium earlier this week and having the exact same problem. As others have mentioned, the Dell site says the L502X has not been deemed fit for Windows 10...yet, hopefully. I hear Microsoft is pushing out some fixes on 08/10...maybe there will be a patch. It may be up to Dell though. May have to revert to 7 as well if this can't be remedied.

artie, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Carbo Win User
    10 has lots of nice bells and whistles, but 7 has always served me just fine. Going to wipe my hard disk and do a clean install of 7 and be done with it. Next PC I buy I'll go with 10.

Carbo, Aug 7, 2015
  6. sray Win User
    I have an HP laptop with the same problem. I use a screen saver instead of sleep mode until they fix this. I thought of going back to 8.1 but , no I like the format.

7. If you go back to post #27 I've got a fix for the issue. You just have to run Win 8 drivers.

mrsmith988, Aug 7, 2015
  8. sray Win User

Yea I did read that thank you, but I'm not comfortable with that . Thanks anyway.

9. Aaditya Win User
    What about the webcam? Quanta doesn't work for me... everything running smooth and well on Win10 since the fix posted in this forum.
    If anyone could help with the webcam drivers or fix please..

Thank you...

Aaditya, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Delta101 Win User
    Just checked the drivers on my laptop and they are the Quanta driver 14/05/2010 ver 1.0.1404.1005 - works for me..

To fix the black screen after sleep I only installed the - STMicroelectronics Accelerometer (Free Fall Motion) driver 2.2.2.10 - just installed the driver normally.. link posted by mrsmith988 a few days ago.. post #27

Delta101, Aug 7, 2015
  11. mattround Win User
    Seconded with extraordinarily many thanks to mrsmith988 and Delta101 - just reinstalling the win8 driver for the accelerometer has me able to sleep and resume again! Thanks so much.

mattround, Aug 13, 2015
  12. Cliff G Win User
    I am having a similar Windows 10 problem in that if I leave my desktop idle for a longer time (hours), with apps open like Chrome, when I return any apps that were open are closed. It is then very difficult getting anything to run again. In some cases I can get Chrome working again but the PC is very slow and Windows 10 does an automatic reboot after a minute or so. Usually the only way to get the PC operational again is with a reboot which requires a power-off. This is a new problem only started about 3 days ago. Before then everything was working fine to the best of my knowledge.

I upgraded from Windows 7 and I run an HP Pavilion p7-1155 desktop with a Nvidia Geforce GT 630 graphics card with the driver version 10.18.13.5362.

I am uncertain if any of the workarounds in this thread are applicable to my issue? Any advice would be welcomed.

Cliff G, Aug 13, 2015
  13. kik0 Win User

Issue resolved, thanks to mrsmith988

Have yet to try installing just the accelerometer driver though.

14. kingdippy Win User
    Hi, many thanks for the answers on here!

This worked for me however when i'm not plugged in, my laptop restarts, the screen comes on and then the laptop dies. It doesn't appear to want to start at all after this, even though the battery has charge. This doesn't happen with a Dell Genuine battery but I have another replacement battery and it happens on this. Can anyone think of a suggestion?

Many thanks,

Jack

kingdippy, Aug 15, 2015
  15. AJ23 Win User
    Really appreciate this good work. Can I confirm that your webcam and mic are working? According to device manager I have no webcam and the mic is correctly installed but not working!

Thema:

1. Unable to come out of Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Unable Sleep mode

2. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  3. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  4. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.: I'm using my Lenovo Ideapad laptop and whenever I put it into sleep mode by closing the lid, from the power menu, etc. the screen would stay off. I try pressing different keys and using the trackpad but the screen stays off. Then I have to hold down the power button to shut...
  7. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  8. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...