Windows 10: Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Discus and support Unable to come out of Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Really appreciate this good work. Can I confirm that your webcam and mic are working? According to device manager I have no webcam and the mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carbo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Yup, working webcam and mic!

mrsmith988, Aug 17, 2015
  2. eosnead Win User

My Lenovo W540 was working fine with Sleep recovery until today. Would not boot and I had to pull the battery. I wonder if one of the secret updates was the cause? I originally loaded three computers with Win10 but went back to Win7 on two of them. My main concern was Auto Updates and the hustle for unwanted APPs (guess they have to pay for Win10 somehow). I kept it in this W540 because Lenovo had Win 7 Pro all screwed up with their software additions.

eosnead, Aug 18, 2015
  3. MS54 Win User
    Thank YOU mrsmith988! I followed your directions and they worked great after the fiasco of going from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However, I have one glitch with my HDMI connected ACER H243H Monitor. My Laptop screen goes blank and I only see my mouse pointer on the Acer Monitor. If I switch to the Mini DVI to VGA connection, the Monitor and Laptop screen work great. Does anyone know of a fix?
    Thanks!

4. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Perfect! Thank you! Worked as a charm! Just installed the regular way STMicroelectronics Accelerometer (Free Fall Motion) driver 2.2.2.10. Nothing else and works perfect! XPS 15

thtodorova, Aug 20, 2015
  5. wintercat Win User
    My Alienware M14x has the same issue. Again Dell is very clear that this machine does not support Windows 10. That being said, I'd also say it has to do with the graphics. I have the Nvidia GT 555M, same gen as mentioned above.

wintercat, Aug 20, 2015
  6. I'm having the problem with sleep mode but it's not on a laptop (custom-built desktop). When I do this step, should I only use the Intel and Realtek Audio drivers?

Mystery747, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Thank you for that. Working from a Refreshed install I was having the black screen after sleep issue on my L502x, but now I have everything working perfectly. I did allow Windows to update the Intel Display and Nvidia drivers, and as of Aug 21 these automatically installed versions are working fine for me:
    Intel HD Graphics v. 9.17.10.4229
    NVDIA Graphics Driver 355.60

For the sake of completion I would add Synaptics Pointing Device 15.2.6.0 (R293038) to the list of things to download from Dell (not the generic version), unpack and install manually in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I'd like to turn automatic driver updates back on, but I'll definitely make a system restore point before doing that.

FunkyBrewster, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Does this work on a dell XPS 17 L702X?
    my problem is waves maxxaudio 3 and dell quikset not working *Smile
    i'm now back on win 7 for the moment, if i know this works on my XPS 17 L702 i would upgrade back to win10.

Crisis Era, Aug 24, 2015
  9. kik0 Win User
    What exactly is not working with your audio/quickset?

The procedure above worked for my L702x *Wink

10. wel when i open waves maxx audio 3 the tab is blank, can't change any settings
    and the quikset doesn't work when i select it, but i'll give it a try with the win8 drivers
    just wanted to know if it worked on my system to *Smile

Crisis Era, Aug 25, 2015
  11. siquadri Win User
    Need help with this "Then go to Programs and Features and uninstall the accelerometer, audio, video, and quickset drivers."

I am not sure which drivers are exactly I am looking for in control panel. With video search i see multiple drivers.
    Also I uninstalled the Realtek and installed provided in the link above with compatibility of windows 8. The waves audio button was not working. Finally I dowloaded windows 7 driver from Dell website and installed in windows 7 compatibility. After installing multiple times the waves max button is working. But the sound has some chirp sometimes.
    Thanks issue with sleep is resolved. Appreciate help with the above questions.

siquadri, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Fafhrd Win User
    I can reproduce the sleep issue on my desktop - Intel CPU and Chipset, Nvidia Graphics - see specs - by having USB (portable, removable, either USB solid state or Hard disk drives) storage attached when the PC goes to sleep. Will not wake with the storage either attached or removed, has to be restarted by holding the power button down to turn off, then rebooting.

The drivers are all currently supplied via Microsoft Windows 10 setup and updates (Build 10074 upgraded via Media Creation Tool to 10240 (Setup allowed me to keep nothing), not Insider, local account only, but has same problem with Insider builds too.

I intend to update the chipset to the Intel latest version, see what happens, then update Nvidia, then go through the hardware that remains with Microsoft generic drivers step by step. First I'll take a full driver backup.

Fafhrd, Aug 25, 2015
  13. siquadri Win User

Unable to come out of Sleep mode

I followed the steps above. I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro. I have Bios of Windows 7. Do I have to put the Bios of windows 8 from dell website.

Out of 4 drivers above except the realtek, I installed them in windows 8 compatibility mode. Realtek I installed in windows 7 compatibility mode. As windows 8 Mode driver was giving problems.

My questions is should I upgrade to Windows 8 bios or redo the other 3 drivers in windows 7 compatibility mode as my bios is for windows 7.

siquadri, Aug 25, 2015
  14. Had this problem back on Windows 8. Solved it by reinstalling the audio driver from the Dell driver download but for the record I've been using a newer Realtek driver version 2.7.4 (filename 64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_R274.exe) because it unlocks some hidden features if you use DJ or audio production software -- you can independently map each of the four output channels to say have a separate master out and headphones cue -- and yes it even shows Dell Audio in the windows title. Also, I have zero sound chirps and skips with 2.7.4.

Anything newer than 2.7.4 and the Maxxxaudio tab is blank, regardless of Windows version.

I say, if you have an L502x, go ahead and update to Windows 10. I've turned back on Automatic Driver downloads and all of the following are staying installed. After a week of testing, my XPS L502x is working perfectly with Windows 10 using the following drivers:
    BIOS version A12 - Win 8 (Dell driver downloads)
    http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0095...1/L502XA12.exe

Dell Quickset - Win7/8 - A05 (Dell driver downloads) (Installed in Win 7 compatibility mode)
    http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0095...-GMFY2_ZPE.exe

Dell Touchpad Driver - Win 8 - Version 15.2.6.0,A00 (Dell driver downloads)
    http://downloads.dell.com/input/R293038.exe
    *Doesn't support 2-finger scrolling in modern apps (at least not yet)

Free Fall Motion Sensor - Win 7/8 - A00 (Dell driver downloads)
    http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0095...-KT7XG_ZPE.exe

JMicron JMB389 Card Reader - Win 7 - A01 (Dell driver downloads)
    http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0095..._TKH3F_ZPE.exe

Realtek audio 2.7.4 - Win 8 (Originally on Realtek's site, but old versions seem to be removed)
    Found and downloaded from 3Dguru.com
    *Dell's version A06 for Win 8 should also work, but 2.7.4 works better for me.

Intel HD Graphics 3000 version 9.17.10.4229
    (Installed by Windows Update)

NVIDIA Geforce 355.60 - Windows 10 driver
    (Installed by Windows Update)

FunkyBrewster, Aug 27, 2015
  15. Kohhal Win User
    Thanks for all the info folks - I have a L702x and I just uninstalled the accelerometer driver and installed the one below and it seems to have fixed the sleep issue. (trying the compatibility mode with the older version of the driver did not work for me)

Free Fall Motion Sensor - Win 7/8 - A00 (Dell driver downloads)
    http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0095...-KT7XG_ZPE.exe

Kohhal, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Unable to come out of Sleep mode

1. Unable to come out of Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Unable Sleep mode

2. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  3. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  4. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.: I'm using my Lenovo Ideapad laptop and whenever I put it into sleep mode by closing the lid, from the power menu, etc. the screen would stay off. I try pressing different keys and using the trackpad but the screen stays off. Then I have to hold down the power button to shut...
  7. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  8. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...