Windows 10: Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Discus and support Unable to come out of Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Same laptop, same problem. I have an HP Pavilion Elite 480-t desktop computer, and I have the same problem. I think I'll wait to see if Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Carbo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

I have an HP Pavilion Elite 480-t desktop computer, and I have the same problem. I think I'll wait to see if Microsoft fixes this problem.

wjogrady Guest, Sep 5, 2015
  2. MrDoh Win User

I also have a Dell XPS 17 L702X, and have noticed that the Optimus video thing doesn't seem to be working on my laptop. The nVidia graphics never seems to run, and I don't see the Optimus settings that used to be there in the nVidia control panel, either. I've also installed several Dell OEM Windows 7/8 drivers from the driver download site to enable the OEM hardware on Windows 10, but the Dell OEM HD 3000 Intel integrated graphics driver will not install on my Windows 10 laptop, and I think that's got the Optimus functionality in it, or at least enables it (but I could be wrong). Does the Intel HD 3000 driver listed above (from the Intel site, not Dell) allow the Optimus functionality so I can use the nVidia graphics, or am I missing something here?

Can anyone that has the Optimus thing working tell me exactly which video drivers they're using (Intel integrated graphics and nVidia), and where they got them? I'd really like to be able to get the nVidia graphics going when it is appropriate to use.

Thanks very much!

MrDoh, Sep 11, 2015
  3. MrDoh Win User
    Never mind...turns out that I somehow had an old version of the nVidia driver. I installed the latest from the nVidia website, and now the controls for Optimus are there. Really glad to see that.

Wow, took a while to look in the right place on that one.

MrDoh, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

I can't thank you enough! I've been checking all over the place every few weeks, hoping that either there'd be an update or someone would find a solution. I had removed "sleep mode" from all power settings, and I was regretting I hadn't kept a backup of the Windows.old folder. Your solution was right on. My L702X sleeps AND wakes. Now, if they could address that small issue between Excel documents and "Hey Cortana" the upgrade will be complete. *Rolleyes

Thanks so much!!

[edit: I just found a workaround for Excel/Cortana issues. If you know what I'm referring to, I'd be happy to try and help.]

platypied50, Oct 2, 2015
  5. vadak Win User
    Confirmed Again
    The method left by mrsmith988works on my Dell XPS L502x.
    Many thanks for walking me through the fix! I'm enjoying windows 10 and didn't want to revert. Sigh of relief...

vadak, Nov 21, 2015
  6. damanhab Win User
    I cannot uninstall ST Accelerometer I get the following message: "Unsupported operation system detected, the installation cannot proceed"

and I cannot install the older version unless I uninstall the new version.

Please help, I am suffering without sleep...
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode [​IMG]

damanhab, Nov 26, 2015
  7. MrDoh Win User

Unable to come out of Sleep mode

Personally, I'm considering taking my Dell XPS 17 L702x back to Windows 7. That's the level that Dell supports for it, that may be the easiest path. I like Windows 10, but getting too much fan noise and keeping the sound coming out of the external speakers is just too hard. Have it on a cooling pad that helps a little, but still too noisy.

Dell needs to do a BIOS for Windows 10, looks like to me. Tired of struggling. This is a Windows 7/8 laptop, only about 4 years old now (was about 3.5 years old when Windows 10 came out, and over $1000 purchase price). No more Dell laptops for me, their support is about the worst. Already switched away from Dell desktops, the XPS desktop that I had would not allow upgrading the graphics card. Ridiculous, a $1000+ desktop where you couldn't upgrade the graphics card.

And I did make the mistake of buying a Dell monitor recently (UltraSharp U2414M) when the Samsung monitor that we've had for several years finally failed, since I figured it would play well with the XPS laptop. No dice, I've lost the ability to allow the laptop to sleep at all when using that external monitor (hence part of the noise problem), since the monitor won't wake up with the laptop. Can sleep when using the internal display, of course, but we use it mainly as a "desktop replacement".

Dell is just an expensive pile of problems and pain. I have a really nice Lenovo desktop that is just great, plays well with everything. Windows 10 support is there, and works well on Windows 10.

Oh well, so it goes, live and learn.

MrDoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to come out of Sleep mode

1. Unable to come out of Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Unable Sleep mode

2. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  3. why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my computer coming out of sleep mode?: why is my computer coming out of sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-coming-out-of-sleep-mode/6dc7d676-7a60-4832-afe9-d556503147a4
  4. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't come out of sleep mode.: I'm using my Lenovo Ideapad laptop and whenever I put it into sleep mode by closing the lid, from the power menu, etc. the screen would stay off. I try pressing different keys and using the trackpad but the screen stays off. Then I have to hold down the power button to shut...
  7. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  8. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...