Windows 10: Unable to communicate with USB serial device.

Discus and support Unable to communicate with USB serial device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm unable to communicate with a USB serial device, namely an Arduino Nano. Under device manager, USB serial has a ! symbol, and it reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SIrwin_62, May 2, 2021.

1. SIrwin_62 Win User

Unable to communicate with USB serial device.

Hello, I'm unable to communicate with a USB serial device, namely an Arduino Nano. Under device manager, USB serial has a ! symbol, and it reports that no driver is installed. I've tried searching for drivers, but nothing seems to be recognised as a suitable driver when I try to update it. Does anyone have a solution?Regards, Stuart

:)

SIrwin_62, May 2, 2021

2. Prolific USB to serial communication port

The Prolific USB-to-serial communication port is showing a warning:

I have tried to install the pl2303_64bit_installer, but I am don't have Internet access.

How do I make the connection of the Prolific USB-to-serial communication port without access to the Internet?

Platform: Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Aayushi kothari, May 2, 2021
  3. 3.0 USB not compatible with USB 2.0 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As the USB 3.0 ports are unable to detect the USB 2.0 device, the issue might be with the USB drivers. I suggest you to update the driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the driver, select Uninstall.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2021
  4. Unable to communicate with USB serial device.

windows can`t communicate with epson 7620 scanner using usb

Hi Lake,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, I understand that the Epson device/program is not compatible with the USB 3.0.

I suggest you to connect it to the USB 2.0 and check if the same issue persists.

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK
      . Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
      , and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Also refer to:

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices
    Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Unable to communicate with USB serial device.

1. Unable to communicate with USB serial device. - Similar Threads - Unable communicate USB

2. USB to serial devices working in Windows 7 no longer communicate properly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to serial devices working in Windows 7 no longer communicate properly in Windows 10: I have two 10 year old lasers that I have been running in Windows 7. Unfortunately, these small laser manufacturers try to save $ over just using knobs and buttons by communication through a computer to control the laser, but then they get bought out by larger companies and...
  3. USB to serial devices working in Windows 7 no longer communicate properly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to serial devices working in Windows 7 no longer communicate properly in Windows 10: I have two 10 year old lasers that I have been running in Windows 7. Unfortunately, these small laser manufacturers try to save $ over just using knobs and buttons by communication through a computer to control the laser, but then they get bought out by larger companies and...
  4. USB to serial devices working in Windows 7 no longer communicate properly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Serial to usb driver

Serial to usb driver: hello everyone.I need help.I am using a serial to usb cable between a modbus slave device and my computer.I want to configure the usb port on my computer but cannot find it under device manager.My computer is running windows 10.Do I need to install a multiport serial driver...
  6. USB-SERIAL FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-SERIAL FAILED: Hello, as developer i use often serial devices via USB after w11 an massiv problem comes all 3 day's back .For some Serial Devices on Industrial USB-HUB i can see that often, the ports are already listet, but not anymore connectable like blocked.The old Win XP Driver is...
  7. USB-SERIAL FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-SERIAL FAILED: Hello, as developer i use often serial devices via USB after w11 an massiv problem comes all 3 day's back .For some Serial Devices on Industrial USB-HUB i can see that often, the ports are already listet, but not anymore connectable like blocked.The old Win XP Driver is...
  8. USB Serial Device Fails to Identify as COMx Port

USB Serial Device Fails to Identify as COMx Port: I am struggling to get my SainSmart 3018 Pro to connect to my Acer Windows 10 laptop. I have read and installed . . . uninstalled . . . reinstalled . . . and found the device is under USB Input Device in my Device Manager. The software running the SainSmart 3018 is expecting...
  9. USB serial missing

USB serial missing: After a win 10 upgrade my com ports vanished. How do I get them back? Computer is a Dell Laptop R17 5720 OS is Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Intel 7 c216 USB chipset USB Serial converter does not show in device manager show hidden selected Updating all...
  10. usb hid device serial connection problem

usb hid device serial connection problem: Hi i am using a sensor that transmits data to a human interface usb device over bluetooth... the hid device is connected by usb to my laptop... when i use an application from the manufacturing company i can read the data just fine from the device but whenever i want to code...