Windows 10: Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot!

Discus and support Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried on a PC that never had W10 on it - Failure. I tried on a PC that did have W10 on it but had the System Drive exchanged with the PC above this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike Lynch, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot!

I tried on a PC that never had W10 on it - Failure.
    I tried on a PC that did have W10 on it but had the System Drive exchanged with the PC above this line - Failure.
    I tried it from the WEB - Failure.
    I tried it from a DVD - Failure.
    I tried it from a USB Thumb Drive - Failure.
    In all of the above scenarios, I removed all USB Hardware, except the install from the USB Thumb Drive.
    In all of the above scenarios, I disabled all Security Software, except MSE, which was found and flagged each time.

Is there ANYWHERE I can look to determine why the W10 In-Place Upgrade install fails?

Please keep it simple as I am a novice at this.

:)

Mike Lynch, Dec 2, 2019

2. W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?

In doing an In Place Upgrade to W10, the Initial Boot Fails.
    I have eliminated every software related issue presented.
    I have unplugged every non essential hardware device except the PS2 Keyboard, Mouse and Touch Screen Monitor.

Can PS2 devices prevent the Initial Boot?

I will try USB wired and or USB wireless if need be but right now that would be a guess.

I would like to know with assurance, why the Initial Boot is failing.

Please help if you have experience in this area.

Mike Lynch, Dec 4, 2019
  3. BobiJoBJ Win User
    W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Dec 4, 2019
  4. GreenTea Win User

Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot!

W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?

Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet while performing the upgrade after a restart?

GreenTea, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot!

1. Unable to complete an In-Place Upgrade, W7 to W10, Fails Initial Boot! - Similar Threads - Unable complete Place

2. Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the free upgrade from W7 to W10 still in place?: I see the last posts in the upgrade forum were in 2020. Is the upgrade still available? Thanks 175774
  3. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  4. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  5. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  6. W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?

W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?: In doing an In Place Upgrade to W10, the Initial Boot Fails. I have eliminated every software related issue presented. I have unplugged every non essential hardware device except the PS2 Keyboard, Mouse and Touch Screen Monitor. Can PS2 devices prevent the Initial Boot? I...
  7. W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Initial Boot Fails, reverts to W7 - PS2?: In doing an In Place Upgrade to W10, the Initial Boot Fails. I have eliminated every software related issue presented. I have unplugged every non essential hardware device except the PS2 Keyboard, Mouse and Touch Screen Monitor. Can PS2 devices prevent the Initial Boot? I...
  8. Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade

Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade: I'm trying to do an upgrade, but it keeps on stopping on this error: 0xC1900101-0x4000D. Can someone point me to a solution? 26379
  9. Dual boot w7 + w10

Dual boot w7 + w10: You are welcome. Glad we could help. Hi guys! Please help! So I have 2 ssd drive. Each of it has a working operating system (w7, w10). How to make the w10 dual boot menu? You had written, that we have to use the bcdboot command... From which operating system? I like...
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 cant boot w7 from dvd

2. upgrade from w7 to w10 upgrade failed - check why