Windows 10: Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I

Discus and support Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Asus All-In-One ET2323I on which I'm unable to complete a clean installation of WIndows 10. After the initial setup portion, which proceeds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Redshift[42], Jul 15, 2020.

1. Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I

I have an Asus All-In-One ET2323I on which I'm unable to complete a clean installation of WIndows 10. After the initial setup portion, which proceeds normally, the computer reboots and goes to a black screen and then hangs. The second portion of the installation never has a chance to complete. No additional hard drive activity is seen. It seems likely to me that this is some sort of secure boot issue, but I've tried every conceivable combination of BIOS settings to no avail. I know this is possible, because I did it a little over a year ago, and I don't remember doing anything special then.

Thus far, I have installed the latest BIOS, and I used the media creation tool on another machine to create the bootable USB drive. I've used diskpart to "clean" the drive numerous times in between each installation attempt.

On my most recent installation attempt I just chose "Load Optimized Defaults" to get the BIOS back to defaults. This sets secure boot with the following options:

CSM Configuration - this option is grayed out with the annotation that "CSM configuration is disable. Compatibility Support Module is not loaded due to active UEFI Secure Boot."

OS Type - Windows UEFI mode

Default Key Provision - Enabled, and all the categories of keys show "Loaded"

Please understand I've tried a whole bunch of permutations across these settings but I haven't hit on the right combination to get a successful installation. I've read several other articles on similar issues, but of course every BIOS is slightly different so what worked for one may not apply to the other. Help is very much appreciated!

:)

Redshift[42], Jul 15, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I

1. Unable to complete clean Windows 10 installation on Asus All-In-One ET2323I - Similar Threads - Unable complete clean

2. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  3. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  4. Asus X512JA - Clean Windows 10 - 2004 Install

Asus X512JA - Clean Windows 10 - 2004 Install: Hi everyone, I am facing one of those idiot issues with my laptop where I cannot install Windows 10 on a brand new laptop VivoBook X512J. The issue can be seen in this video made with my phone, sorry for the quality :) VID_20200924_092330.mp4 - Google Drive As you can see...
  5. Windows 10 - Clean install Asus X512JA

Windows 10 - Clean install Asus X512JA: Hi everyone, I am facing one of those idiot issues with my laptop where I cannot install Windows 10 on a brand new laptop VivoBook X512J. The issue can be seen in this video made with my phone, sorry for the quality :...
  6. Unable to clean install windows 10?

Unable to clean install windows 10?: I'll start from the beginning. I just built my computer, and i used 2 hard drives, one fresh, and one from my old computer with windows 8.1. I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but when i did so i had extreme issues with my computer Blue screen of death, start menu...
  7. Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install

Unable to perform a Windows 10 Clean Install: Because my PC has many issues I want to do a clean install. However, I am having the following issue. When I go to start the install to my PC C drive, I get this error message. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table, Windows...
  8. Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation

Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation: Hi Everyone, I kindly need your advice as I am having issue with installing Windows 10 on my new MSI laptop. I bought it free-dos and I prepared an installation USB from Microsoft's page. This is a screenshot from my second try. I already had 3-4 drives appearing in my...
  9. Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one: I bought an HP all-in-one and want to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it. It currently has an HDD and I want to do the install on an SSD. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Unable to complete installation

Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....