Windows 10: Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

Discus and support Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed yesterday that icloud had not downloaded any photos to my laptop since 8th May. I checked all settings and all looked ok. I tried a manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GayeDoig, Jun 2, 2020.

1. GayeDoig Win User

Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

I noticed yesterday that icloud had not downloaded any photos to my laptop since 8th May. I checked all settings and all looked ok. I tried a manual download but nothing happened. I finally uninstalled icloud and attempted to reinstall. The first part of the install was fine but when i tried to launch there was initially a popup saying it was getting things ready then i got an error message saying icloud migration error, upgrade to icloud for windows 11.2 was cancelled. I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time right clicked on icloud from start button selected more, this time i got a bigger error message to fhe effect that windows cannot find the programme appleinc.icloud_11.2.18.0_x86_nzyj5cx40ttqa\icloud\icloudprefs.exe

how can i reinstall icloud so that everything is working correctly?

:)

GayeDoig, Jun 2, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

I can't open iTunes or iCloud in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and iCloud and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and iCloud:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for iTunes and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall iCloud.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

1. Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows - Similar Threads - Unable complete installation

2. Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.: Hello, originally I was having issues with my Windows Store functionality and was attempting to get that to work with the usual methods.At this time, I already wasn't able to update but that wasn't my focus just making that part clear.After trying every method under the sun,...
  3. Unable to complete Windows update installation

Unable to complete Windows update installation: I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or late October but only after a lot of trouble doing so. I've tried to install 3 times, and it always hangs at about 84%. Then...
  4. Driver unable to complete installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver unable to complete installation: Hi, I'm having trouble with the device driver for my Dell D6000 docking station. The device drivers for the usb hub and network adapter install successfully and function correctly, however the display adapter does not. In device manager it yields the following message:...
  5. Installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing iCloud for Windows: I purchased iCloud for Windows on the Microsoft Store. But cannot install it. When I log into my Microsoft account, it recognises my PC (running Windows 10) as a device. When I go to the Microsoft Store, it tells me that I own the iCloud app. But when I try to install it I...
  6. Unable to Install iCloud App in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Install iCloud App in Windows 10: I used the Microsoft Store to get the iCloud app for Windows 10 for my new laptop. According to the Microsoft Store, I "own" the app, but when I attempt to install the app on my computer, I get the message in the photograph below. I am logged into Microsoft and am unsure why...
  7. Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation

Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation: Hi Everyone, I kindly need your advice as I am having issue with installing Windows 10 on my new MSI laptop. I bought it free-dos and I prepared an installation USB from Microsoft's page. This is a screenshot from my second try. I already had 3-4 drives appearing in my...
  8. Icloud for windows will not install

Icloud for windows will not install: I get this error message: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. I read the more information that suggested I needed to get an app specific...
  9. Unable to complete Tachomaster installation

Unable to complete Tachomaster installation: I have tried to install software from Tachomaster, which has a local postgresql database included with it When it tries to install the database I get the message: rrSQL.Connect : Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly...
  10. Unable to complete installation

Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....