Windows 10: Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

Discus and support Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I searched for solutions for this error and they were all the same requiring users to perform elaborate and complicated tests to attempt to fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barry Jaques, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

I searched for solutions for this error and they were all the same requiring users to perform elaborate and complicated tests to attempt to fix the error and also blaming users for numerous faults such as insufficient disk space etc.Finally nothing worked and I gave up and decided to live with the long shutdowns and start ups. After several days Microsoft interrupted the dreadful long start up and claimed it would repair and error. It did this and now Windows 10 starts and stops lightning fast proving it was a Microsoft error all along.

:)

Barry Jaques, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Roan T Win User

Unable to complete updates, specifically (KB4034658) and (KB3186568).

Hi Tery,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Which build of Windows 10
      your computer is currently on?
    • Did you receive any error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link to fix Windows Update errors.

Regards.

Roan T, Feb 27, 2024
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 27, 2024
  4. TeryO Win User

Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

Unable to complete updates, specifically (KB4034658) and (KB3186568).

Hi,

1) I am currently on Windows 10, ver 14393.0.

2) If I recall correctly, there were no error codes, only the message "We couldn't complete the update, undoing changes...".

3) I have tried installing and using the Windows Update troubleshooter to no avail.

As of now, I just checked my update history and found that "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 for x64 (KB3186568)" was successfully installed.

I realise that there is this cycle where my updates are successful, followed by a long period of time where the update fails to install.

Right now, I am looking at the Fix Windows Update errors page, but I am not going to try anything yet. Please advise.

TeryO, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

1. Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Unable complete updates

2. Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft: I searched for solutions for this error and they were all the same requiring users to perform elaborate and complicated tests to attempt to fix the error and also blaming users for numerous faults such as insufficient disk space etc.Finally nothing worked and I gave up and...
  3. Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete updates error fixed by Microsoft: I searched for solutions for this error and they were all the same requiring users to perform elaborate and complicated tests to attempt to fix the error and also blaming users for numerous faults such as insufficient disk space etc.Finally nothing worked and I gave up and...
  4. Found an complete fix for this update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found an complete fix for this update error: Follow this link and it will solve this error message: https://youtu.be/t-8gFRrEiCU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-an-complete-fix-for-this-update-error/5b416063-9ccf-48ab-ba25-1495ccf72004
  5. Found an complete fix for this update error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found an complete fix for this update error: Follow this link and it will solve this error message: https://youtu.be/t-8gFRrEiCU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-an-complete-fix-for-this-update-error/5b416063-9ccf-48ab-ba25-1495ccf72004
  6. Found an complete fix for this update error

7. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  8. Unable to complete update.

Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  9. Unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates: Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened...
  10. unable to complete update

unable to complete update: when ever i try to update the windows this file doesnt get installed and shows the following msg . tried restarting but to no avail and also tried it in safe mode 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643...