Windows 10: Unable to complete Updates - undoing

Discus and support Unable to complete Updates - undoing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, we had a power shortage and when I reopened the pc, I had a message that there was an update. The updates got stuck at 94% after 4 hours of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by petitourse, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Unable to complete Updates - undoing

Hi,

we had a power shortage and when I reopened the pc, I had a message that there was an update. The updates got stuck at 94% after 4 hours of running. I did a reboot and got the same thing, it was stuck at 94% overnight. I reboot again and got the message We could not complete the changes, undoing changes, it has been running for almost 20 hours now.

Is there a way to shut down and reopen in safe mode so I can do a restore on an older version?

Thanks

:)

petitourse, Apr 11, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to complete Updates - undoing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2019
  3. etalerico Win User
    Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

We have been doing successful updates since we've owned this computer for 2 years. Its a Dell All In One. The last successful update was on 4/11/2018. Now for the last two weeks we keep getting this every day after it almost completes the update to 100%:
    "unable to complete updates. Undoing changes" I get no error code. I tried the trouble shooter and this is what it gave me:

etalerico, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Unable to complete Updates - undoing

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to complete Updates - undoing

1. Unable to complete Updates - undoing - Similar Threads - Unable complete Updates

2. Unable to complete the update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update undoing changes: All my systems in my office will not update and gives me the error undoing changes. I have tried many things on the web but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-undoing-changes/0629ff89-f37a-4ea4-be87-67cf778324c2
  3. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  4. Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes

Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes: Hello everyone, So I have been trying for a month or 2 to install a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2, that update being KB5000802. Last update I could install was on February 24 KB4023057. Everytime I try to restart my pc and install the cumulative one...
  5. Couldn't complete update undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Couldn't complete update undoing changes: Hi This ia the third time I am getting ba comment as in title. While trying to dobthe available updates, the system updates for sometime and the. Shows undoing changes. Pleas help me fix this. Also the system goes unresponsive quite often in the recent times. May it be a...
  6. Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes: This issue started specifically with KB4566782 (error code 0x800f0922), but I uninstalled the previous couple of updates and then tried to reinstall them (incase they had been installed incorrectly before), but now I’m getting the same error even trying to reinstall those...
  7. Unable to complete updates, Undoing Changes - Windows Update

Unable to complete updates, Undoing Changes - Windows Update: Hello, For the last 2 months, I have been struggling to update my windows 10 device receiving the notification "Unable to update, Undoing Changes" each time. I have tried several solutions that have been posted on older posts regarding the same issue and also others that...
  8. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  9. Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: Ive tried Safe Mode, full re-download, running DSIM, renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder (it said this folder doesnt exist), ive run windows update troubleshooter, I ran a SFC scan. Each time windows update will run through the download, reboot and begin installing on...
  10. Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a Dell G3 and have been trying to get the latest Windows 10 updates installed, but part way through installation I get the message "Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes" and it rolls everything back. I've run the Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4495667 unable to complete updates