Windows 10: Unable to complete updates

Discus and support Unable to complete updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by souwesterly, May 16, 2021.

1. Unable to complete updates

Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened with two laptops, but only once so far - but tonight I'll close them down and see what happens. Dont ask why a PC and two laptops! I use my PC by day while my wife uses one laptop and I have another one beside my bed for late evening browsing I'm asking this question now after the third failure -

:)

souwesterly, May 16, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to complete updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Unable to complete updates, specifically (KB4034658) and (KB3186568).

Hi Tery,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please
    clarify the following:

• Which build of Windows 10
      your computer is currently on?
    • Did you receive any error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link to fix Windows Update errors.

Regards.

Roan T, May 16, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Unable to complete updates

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Unable to complete updates

1. Unable to complete updates - Similar Threads - Unable complete updates

2. Unable to complete the update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update undoing changes: All my systems in my office will not update and gives me the error undoing changes. I have tried many things on the web but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-undoing-changes/0629ff89-f37a-4ea4-be87-67cf778324c2
  3. My laptop is unable to complete updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is unable to complete updates: My laptop is unable to complete updates it is an Acer5560 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-unable-to-complete-updates/97621650-baa2-4671-a24b-f4bdc88aabf6
  4. Unable to complete Windows update installation

Unable to complete Windows update installation: I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or late October but only after a lot of trouble doing so. I've tried to install 3 times, and it always hangs at about 84%. Then...
  5. Completely unable to update my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Completely unable to update my computer.: For the past couple of months, I haven’t been able to update my pc. I blew it off, then last night decided to try and fix it. I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Then I found the source of the problem. The “Bits” or “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” is... destroyed? I’ve tried...
  6. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  7. Unable to complete Updates - undoing

Unable to complete Updates - undoing: Hi, we had a power shortage and when I reopened the pc, I had a message that there was an update. The updates got stuck at 94% after 4 hours of running. I did a reboot and got the same thing, it was stuck at 94% overnight. I reboot again and got the message We could not...
  8. unable to complete update

unable to complete update: when ever i try to update the windows this file doesnt get installed and shows the following msg . tried restarting but to no avail and also tried it in safe mode 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643...
  9. Unable to complete inside updates.

Unable to complete inside updates.: My updates have failed since 17713, I'm getting a message that states I'm not connected to the internet. Actually, I am connected and all other functions on my computer are working. Any assistance will be appreciated....
  10. Unable to complete installation

Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....