Windows 10: Unable to complete Windows update installation

Discus and support Unable to complete Windows update installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Datajunque, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Unable to complete Windows update installation

I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or late October but only after a lot of trouble doing so. I've tried to install 3 times, and it always hangs at about 84%. Then I have to power down and it uninstalls. At least on the latest try the Windows Update utility Feature Updates says "updates paused" and the quality update Version 1909 seems to have successfully installed. I've set it to resume next week in hopes I can find a solution to this continuing problem.

:)

Datajunque, Dec 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to complete Windows update installation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Unable to complete Windows update installation

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to complete Windows update installation

1. Unable to complete Windows update installation - Similar Threads - Unable complete update

2. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  3. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to complete update.: Hi. My laptop is unable to complete optional quality update "2022-01 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems" KB5009596. As soon as the laptop restarts a message reads "Unable to complete update, uninstalling changes". This is the first...
  4. Unable to complete update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to complete updates

Unable to complete updates: Three times now, my PC has tried to download and install updates over the past 24 hours and each time it's failed.Twice I've opted to turn my PC off so it can do the installation and once it's failed to respond to an "Update and close down" instruction.The same has happened...
  6. Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.

Unable to complete WIndows 20H2 install.: Hello, originally I was having issues with my Windows Store functionality and was attempting to get that to work with the usual methods.At this time, I already wasn't able to update but that wasn't my focus just making that part clear.After trying every method under the sun,...
  7. Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows: I noticed yesterday that icloud had not downloaded any photos to my laptop since 8th May. I checked all settings and all looked ok. I tried a manual download but nothing happened. I finally uninstalled icloud and attempted to reinstall. The first part of the install was...
  8. Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation

Unable to Complete Windows 10 Installation: Hi Everyone, I kindly need your advice as I am having issue with installing Windows 10 on my new MSI laptop. I bought it free-dos and I prepared an installation USB from Microsoft's page. This is a screenshot from my second try. I already had 3-4 drives appearing in my...
  9. unable to complete update

unable to complete update: when ever i try to update the windows this file doesnt get installed and shows the following msg . tried restarting but to no avail and also tried it in safe mode 2018-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80070643...
  10. Unable to complete installation

Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....