Windows 10: Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Discus and support Unable to configure Kiosk mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users. I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Danesh Shah, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Hi,

i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users.

I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some machine but on a specific tiny i am using which i have rebuilt as per all our machines are build from the network using SCCM when i look at account settings - other user - i do not see the option for Kiosk Mode but i can see that option for other machines.

is there a reason why i may not be able to configure Kiosk Mode for some machines but not for others?

i do not seem to understand any change in the build where it will allow me to set up kiosk mode on some machine and not others....

i find it slightly odd, if someone can assist would be appreciated.

Thanks,

***Modified title from: Lenovo M720q - Windows 10 Kiosk Mode***

:)

Danesh Shah, Jul 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to configure Kiosk mode

1. Unable to configure Kiosk mode - Similar Threads - Unable configure Kiosk

2. Stuck in kiosk mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in kiosk mode: Im stuck in Kiosk mode, i already tried ctrl alt del but it doesn't work, im specifically stuck on a website, i cant open or close anything, the moment i turn on my pc it sends straight to the website, it doesnt even let me choose my admin profile, please help....
  3. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  4. RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer: Hello Everyone,I was trying to setup a Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer. And I created a provisioning package file and applied for testing it did not worked as I was assuming. But now I am not able to remove that package and I cannot revert any changes....
  5. Kiosk Mode

Kiosk Mode: I have set Kiosk mode with a single user and a single app. I am unable to remove the user and do not get an error but just times out and Kiosk mode with the user is still enable. How do I remove this in Windows 10 Pro version 2004?...
  6. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  7. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  8. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  9. Kiosk mode

Kiosk mode: I want to switch to Kiosk mode because I have to disable slide advance on arrow keys. However I want to make sure that will not affect other features. What’s your advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/d03a29b2-e1f3-4885-a9ac-7d1c647a6a56
  10. Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10

Unable to remove account in Kiosk mode Windows 10: I want to setup Kiosk mode in Windows 10 but Get Started button is not available and an account seem already configured without configuring it. I tried to select the account and click the Remove Kiosk, but nothing happen or its not working....