Windows 10: Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family

Discus and support Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every time I try to change my kids' screen time settings, I get a 'something went wrong' screen. It happens every time I press the daily chart to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Adi_825, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Adi_825 Win User

Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family

Every time I try to change my kids' screen time settings, I get a 'something went wrong' screen. It happens every time I press the daily chart to change the hours range in which kids are allowed to use the computer.

Any idea?

:)

Adi_825, Nov 2, 2019

2. family settings and screen times for kids

I have tried connecting with a professional in Microsoft on 4 different times (of them were today). I spoke with tech support and once was transferred to the accounts department. Each of the 4 people I have been connected with have hung up. I guess it's
    because they have no clue of how to fix their company's system problem. This is a big issue and I feel like they are not taking ownership of this glitch in their program.

I have a family account 2 kids' laptops set up with screen times. One of them has been locked regardless of the screen time settings for over a week and nothing is working to unlock it. I have canceled screen times. It didn't work. I removed her from
    the family and it did not work, so I added her back and still the same result. I can't even get in to just reset the entire laptop to factory settings.

I see I am not the first person to have this problem, so can someone please walk me through a method that works.

We are unable to get past the login page, so all we can do is enter her login info and then get the message, "Time's Up!! Due to family screen time settings, you are unable to login until...and then gives the date for the next day at 8am. There are 2 other
    time's up messages that pop up as they alternate during the varied attempts to log in. Nonetheless, there is nothing that works. The internet connection is 100% fine, but there was an instance when a message pops up that says to make sure the internet is
    connected.

KatrinaChretien, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Nov 2, 2019
  4. UdayM22 Win User

Kids screen time setting for all PCs

I have 2 kids and 2 PCs and they all have separate logins for our computer. We windows 10 on both the PCs. and they each have scheduled screen time for computer usage. On the family set up .. I only have option to set up screen time per user per device.
    My kids outsmart me and switched computers after their screen time was done and got additional screen time.

How do you set up screen time for all computers for a kids user account.

Can anyone help?

UdayM22, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family - Similar Threads - Unable configure screen

2. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety: Hi,by a coincidence I have entered two different e-mail accounts for the Family Safety for my kid.unfortunately I cannot remove the wrong one.I log in for the Microsoft Family Safety choose the kid I want to removebut at the end it says only the person that invited the kid...
  3. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety: Hi,by a coincidence I have entered two different e-mail accounts for the Family Safety for my kid.unfortunately I cannot remove the wrong one.I log in for the Microsoft Family Safety choose the kid I want to removebut at the end it says only the person that invited the kid...
  4. unable to remove a kid from the Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. screen times/ family settings

screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  6. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  7. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Setting time limits for my kids

Setting time limits for my kids: HY So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount One of the account is logged on the same computer that i am so i've tried to set a time limit for him. The problem is i made some changes in the time limit but the system doesn't...
  9. Family account setting for kids - set hours

Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...