Windows 10: Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

Discus and support Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GameplaysDPP, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

:)

GameplaysDPP, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 13, 2021
  3. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

1. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN - Similar Threads - Unable configure Hello

2. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  3. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  4. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  6. Unable to create a hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create a hello pin: I am trying to create a hello pin for my Microsoft account which is prompted right after I enter the password, it says something went wrong, try again later, when I tap on skip for now option, it brings me back to the same login page and thus disallowing me to access my...
  7. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  8. Configure Windows Hello PIN.

Configure Windows Hello PIN.: When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this? [ATTACH] OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home...
  9. Unable to create Windows Hello PIN

Unable to create Windows Hello PIN: Hi, I have just bought second hand Lenovo T470s Laptop, which reset to factory setting (I believe). Now, I am trying to setup the Hello PIN first time and getting the following error: "we weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  10. Unable to change Windows Hello Pin

Unable to change Windows Hello Pin: Hello, I currently run Windows 10 home, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. While attempting to log in to my laptop, I received a notification saying "Your organization requires that you change your pin". I changed my pin, but was forced to use a 6 digit pin instead of a 4...