Windows 10: Unable to connect a Network Printer

Discus and support Unable to connect a Network Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This Dell 8000 is hard wired to the router and so is the HP 5745 printer. The Dell 8000 PC cannot print a test page or any documents. Another PC and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RalphZero, Apr 1, 2020.

1. RalphZero Win User

Unable to connect a Network Printer

This Dell 8000 is hard wired to the router and so is the HP 5745 printer. The Dell 8000 PC cannot print a test page or any documents. Another PC and an iphone connected via WiFi to the router are both able to print document and test pages. All devices have printed without problem to the HP5745 in the past - this behavior is about 3 days old. Printer troubleshooter thinks all is well.

What gives?

***Original Title: printer prints documents on all wi-fi connect devices but will not print test page from windows 10 wired PC***

:)

RalphZero, Apr 1, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Unable to connect a Network Printer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Unable to connect a Network Printer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Apr 1, 2020
  4. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect a Network Printer - Similar Threads - Unable connect Network

2. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  3. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  4. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  5. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  6. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  8. UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE

UNABLE TO CONNECT PRINTER WITH NETWORK SHARING AFTER UPDATE: Hello Sir, I'm using Windows 10 from many years but during past 6 month I'm facing issue with my windows 10 that after updating windows 10 My all other PC's which are connected with my computer through LAN they count not connect to the Printer now, I have Printer named Canon...
  9. Unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect network printer: I've recently moved to new internet provider centurylink using modem/router Zyxel c3000z. I have tried and true Dell 1700n network printer that was previously ethernet connected to router and it worked great! Now it will not install. I have tried multiple ethernet ports on...
  10. Unable to connect network shared printer to my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect network shared printer to my PC: I'm using windows 10 pro, trying to connect a shared printer to my PC from my workgroup. Another user can attach the printer via printer sharing resources in the workgroup. But I can't, Enable to browse shared printer PC name from my system. Kindly suggest....