Windows 10: Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

Discus and support Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rhonda Tate, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device

I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?

:)

Rhonda Tate, Feb 4, 2019

2. How can I connect my Android smartphone to my Windows 10 laptop?

Hello keritoodle,

It is possible that your Windows 10 laptop doesn't have permission to access the files from your Android smartphone. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Please verify the following information:

• What is the make and model of both your laptop and smartphone?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you tell me how you're connecting your smartphone to your laptop?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications.

If you're using a USB cable to connect your Android smartphone to your laptop, you may need to confirm some configurations on your mobile device.

• Unlock your Android smartphone.
    • Connect your phone to your laptop using a USB cable.
    • On your device, tap the "USB for..." notification.
    • Select Transfer files.
    • A file transfer window should appear on your laptop.
    • Copy the images you would like to save to your laptop.
    • Once done,
      eject
      your phone from your laptop.
    • Unplug the USB cable.

If your laptop is having issues with recognizing your mobile device, please run the
    USB troubleshooter. Make sure that
    you're signed in as the administrator in order to run the tool. This tool should rectify any misconfiguration detected with your device drivers.

You can also link your Android phone to your Windows 10 laptop. This feature will let you send webpages, documents, and photos from your phone straight to your Windows 10 device. Take note that this option is only available for Windows 10 devices that are
    updated to Version 1709 or later. For the steps on how to link your phone to your laptop, please refer to this
    support article.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Feb 4, 2019
  4. philart Win User

Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

Explorer connect to Android device directory /storage/emulated/0

I usb connect an Android 8 smartphone to win10
    The smartphone has also a SD card.

With explorer I try to localize the android 8 directory /storage/emulated/0/

But where is it???

thanks

philart, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

1. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB - Similar Threads - Unable connect Android

2. my Lenovo K10 smartphone unable to connect to my laptop via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Lenovo K10 smartphone unable to connect to my laptop via USB: smartphone unable to connect to laptop via USB or Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-k10-smartphone-unable-to-connect-to-my/9c2c2e3c-c1d7-4bb3-9365-dfa09bcbb691
  3. my Lenovo K10 smartphone unable to connect to my laptop via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Lenovo K10 smartphone unable to connect to my laptop via USB: smartphone unable to connect to laptop via USB or Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-k10-smartphone-unable-to-connect-to-my/9c2c2e3c-c1d7-4bb3-9365-dfa09bcbb691
  4. PROBLEM CONNECTING SMARTPHONE AND COMPUTER VIA BLUETOOTH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEM CONNECTING SMARTPHONE AND COMPUTER VIA BLUETOOTH: When I try to connect the smartphone to the computer via Bluetooth , a small panel appears in which I should logically put the six digit connection code. Unfortunately, this table does not have any option as I cannot enlarge it or write something into see picture . What can I...
  5. PROBLEM CONNECTING SMARTPHONE AND COMPUTER VIA BLUETOOTH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEM CONNECTING SMARTPHONE AND COMPUTER VIA BLUETOOTH: When I try to connect the smartphone to the computer via Bluetooth , a small panel appears in which I should logically put the six digit connection code. Unfortunately, this table does not have any option as I cannot enlarge it or write something into see picture . What can I...
  6. PROBLEM CONNECTING SMARTPHONE AND COMPUTER VIA BLUETOOTH

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to connect my android phone via usb.

Unable to connect my android phone via usb.: hello friends, please help me....I am unable to connect my android phone via usb. While installing mtp device driver I am getting error code 31. What should I do to fix it ? Below Is the Snap..... [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

Can't connect Android smartphone to PC: Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the...
  9. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android not connecting to Windows via USB: Here's the scenario: I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB. It connects to windows (confirmed by sound of connection) and starts charging. I go through the USB options on phone and switch to 'File Transfer' option. Now...
  10. How to charge an android smartphone from USB hub?

How to charge an android smartphone from USB hub?: My wife wants a USB hub for her 5 year old desktop PC (running Win 10). She also has a Samsung A70 phone which I understand has a ‘C-port’ and would like to occasionally charge it from the PC. I’m reasonably knowledgeable about iOS but certainly not Android or C-ports etc, so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect phone via usb

2. connect via USB to my smart phone

3. connect smart phone by USB

4. error message connect smartphone