Windows 10: Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another...

Discus and support Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Figuring out that I need to access "Connect" through the Action Center already took long enough and why on earth functions to connect or disconnect are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuayzahFork, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another...

Figuring out that I need to access "Connect" through the Action Center already took long enough and why on earth functions to connect or disconnect are not also right there in the Bluetooth settings is mind-boggling to me. However I still haven't found a solution to my problem. Say I paired and connected my Xbox Elite Controller to my PC and played for a while, then I connected said Controller to my switch to play some more there. I don't know how to connect the controller to the PC once again without removing the device and pairing it again. I assume the controller looks to connect to the last device it had connected to and Windows 10 doesn't have any other option that "Remove Device" in the Bluetooth settings and Alt+K "Connect" in the Action Center seems to only search for display and audio devices. How do I connect to my controller without removing device and pairing again after connecting to another host each time?

submitted by /u/QuayzahFork
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuayzahFork, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Unable to connect devices to bluetooth

Hi,

Based on the information that you've shared, this can be caused by the Bluetooth drivers on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to connect your headset on your device prior to disabling the built in Bluetooth adapter.
    • If your computer crashes when connecting Bluetooth devices prior to disabling the built in Bluetooth adapter.
    • If you've included the built in Bluetooth drivers when you've updated the device drivers.
    • If you can see exclamation points in Device Manager. To check this, you can perform the following:
      • Search and launch Device Manager using Cortana.
      • Click on the arrow icons to show the list of drivers per category.

Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another... 5d94b579-9bfb-40c7-b781-cdd16243f16e.png

• The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another...

Keeping devices from automatically connecting via Bluetooth

I've tried disabling the Bluetooth earlier and again following your suggestion

and offer that this is not a workable solution.

With, on my laptop, my Bose speakers and other devices are paired but not connected and the

Bluetooth is turned off, if the TV is on and connected (using) the Bose system, the laptop will

automatically connect to the speakers (disconnecting the TV) when Bluetooth is toggled on.

Given the above, I have to go through a convoluted routine anytime I want to connect to a device (printer, etc.) while the TV is on. Connecting, disconnecting, pairing, reconnecting, disconnecting, etc. etc. isn't a real solution.

Hopefully there's another approach or a real solution coming in the Windows 10 upgrade

that I understand is to be out this year.

Any thoughts??

Thomas-_-_, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another...

1. Unable to connect bluetooth device after said device connected and disconnected to another... - Similar Threads - Unable connect bluetooth

2. Unable to connect to bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to bluetooth devices: I am having issues connecting to bluetooth devices: i can still connect to the devices i am paired to but i can't pair any new devices. Later i removed all paired devices and was unable to reconnect to them. I already tried to restart the bluetooth support service,...
  3. Unable to connect to bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to bluetooth devices: I am having issues connecting to bluetooth devices: i can still connect to the devices i am paired to but i can't pair any new devices. Later i removed all paired devices and was unable to reconnect to them. I already tried to restart the bluetooth support service,...
  4. Bluetooth deviced but unable to connect No button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth deviced but unable to connect No button: Hi all,I bought a Keychron K4 recently. I used it a few times with bluetooth without any problems, when it was empty I connected it through a cable. However, when I now want to use bluetooth again, I can see that it is paired but I am unable to connect. I am using a TP link...
  5. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices: Hi all,I have run into the following issue. I was attempting to connect a newly purchased Xbox controller to my laptop via Bluetooth, I got an error message that said something like "couldn't connect, please try again" after I clicked on the controller in the list of...
  6. bluetooth device unable to connect.

bluetooth device unable to connect.: I am unable to connect a bluetooth headset or any other bluetooth device I have.at first the bluetooth device showed up in settings, it was 'paired', when I clicked 'connect', nothing happened.I removed the device, but the computer is unable to find it again and it can't find...
  7. unable to connect Bluetooth devices

unable to connect Bluetooth devices: After the recent update i am not able to connect Bluetooth devices .i updated my drivers as well but i am not getting any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-bluetooth-devices/87e6dba3-c587-4196-998c-939dd1ab585c
  8. Bluetooth Not Connecting After Using Another Audio Device

Bluetooth Not Connecting After Using Another Audio Device: Ever since the last major update, Bluetooth never works the first time. If I use another audio device, such as earbuds, before I use my Bluetooth Headphones, the Headphones won't connect. To fix this I have to restart my computer. It's not a big deal, but I'd rather not have...
  9. Galaxy earbuds connecting via bluetooth but in device playback it saids not connected. No...

Galaxy earbuds connecting via bluetooth but in device playback it saids not connected. No...: No audio from devices. Says connected in Bluetooth settings but in device playback it says disconnected. Events says "device is not migrated." I have tried all sorts of things such as updating drivers for both the pc and the bluetooth devices. I also tried restarting...
  10. Reconnect Bluetooth mouse after connecting to another device

Reconnect Bluetooth mouse after connecting to another device: Hello! I recently bought a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It's pretty good so far, but I've been annoyed by the fact that it's Bluetooth. This might make it handy when connecting to a laptop but that also means that I have to pair the device again every time I use it in...