Windows 10: Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

Discus and support Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; apparently i am missing a network driver, i tried diverpack offline and easydriver, all of them said i already had everything installed. I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zakcalhoun, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

apparently i am missing a network driver, i tried diverpack offline and easydriver, all of them said i already had everything installed. I went to Intel's website to install the newest drivers and it said i am missing a internet adapter. any suggestions. i was going to bring my PC into a repair shop and see if they can fix anything

Also reinstalling windows didn't help

:)

zakcalhoun, Feb 14, 2019

2. Unable to connect to the internet through wired connection on Windows 10.

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to connect to the internet with the wired connection.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to connect to the internet? Did you receive any error message?
    • Did you see a red cross on the Internet connection near the Action center?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to conflicts between the drivers or the network driver may be outdated. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickNetwork adapter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to the internet on Windows 10

Hi Naresh,

I realize that you are unable to connect to Internet. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Do you have a wired net connection or a WiFi net connection?

You can plug in the Ethernet cable directly to the computer and check if you are able to connect to Internet. There might be situations that you might have to install the pending updates and also to update the network driver.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates with a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection.

1. Unable to connect my desktop to the internet via wired connection. - Similar Threads - Unable connect desktop

2. Unable to connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to the Internet: I am totally mystified. The icon in the notification area shows me connected to the Internet, but when I try to access a website I'm told that I am not connected to any network. The notification icon shows full connection, then no connection, then full again. I can connect...
  3. Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.

Desktop PC cannot connect to wired internet connection.: Hello I need help getting connected to the internet. I have searched for a solution but nothing has helped. I have had no network connection for about a month now. Network trouble shooter cannot correct the problem. says there my be a problem with my ethernet driver....
  4. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  5. Computer loses wired Internet connection

Computer loses wired Internet connection: I've been having an annoying issue for quite a bit of time with my Windows 10 computer losing its wired Internet connection. It happens at "random" times, usually several weeks apart, though at some point it happened several times a day for a few days. The devices that are...
  6. Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.

Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.: I have tried to reboot the router as well as the laptop. When I signed into the router page to check, only this laptop's status shows as "blocked". Any help will be appreciated....
  7. Internet connection through wired LAN

Internet connection through wired LAN: I tried to connect to internet through wired lan. Actually I could connect to same lan with a wifi and even I could access internet through a connection at the back of wifi router(i.e.wired). But I could not directly connect to internet through lan wire(i.e. ethernet) cable....
  8. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!
  10. Suddenly no more internet connection (wired)

Suddenly no more internet connection (wired): Hi So yesterday I was transfering 2 movies from my external hard drive. Since then, my internet connection has been gone. We have 2 more machines (1 desktop, 1 laptop) both wired and 2 phones (wireless) who have perfect internet connections. I tried another cable and...