Windows 10: Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

Discus and support Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get my new Roku to connect to my wireless router. I am using the correct pass code and it is all connected correctly but no matter how many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marybeebop, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

I can't get my new Roku to connect to my wireless router. I am using the correct pass code and it is all connected correctly but no matter how many time I try to connect I keep getting an unable to connect message. What am I doing wrong?

***Modified the title from roku connectivity***

***Thread moved from Movies & TV***

:)

marybeebop, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 13, 2018
  3. How to configure a wireless router and an ADSL router to provide an internet connection

I made a mistake when purchasing a faster wireless router and did not specify it should have an ADSL port. So to use it I have connected it's WAN port to a LAN port of the ADSL router.

There seem to be several ways of configuring these devices. Could someone suggest the "best" or "most beneficial" way please?

There are 2 PCs and one printer connecting wirelessly.

One of the PCs picks up a dynamic IP

The other PC has a static IP (192.168.0.200)

The printer has a static IP (192.168.0.210)

Wireless router

• Lan IP: 192.18.0.1
    • WAN IP: 10.0.0.248 (static)
    • WAN default gateway: 10.0.0.2

The ADSL router connects to the internet fine. I have turned off dynamic IP.

The PCs connect to the wireless router, the internet and each other ok.

The printer connects and works if set to use the ADSL router's default gateway (10.0.0.2) and a static IP (10.0.0.251). It connects but does not work if using the wireless router's default gateway (192.168.0.1) with a static IP (192.168.0.210)

I would like the printer to connect the wireless router and work...

I don't know why I selected DNS IPs. The primary is 062.024.134.005 on the PCs and wireless router. I get the impression this is a separate issue from the connections problem above.

Stephen_Ford, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

Roku connection

I cannot get my Roku device to connect to my wireless and have already did trouble shooting and everything is connected and used correct password. I get the Roku selection screen but it is frozen., then states there is no connection.

help desk for me, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

1. Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router - Similar Threads - Unable connect Roku

2. Unable to connect to DVR through router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to DVR through router: I have installed a DVR with cameras. I can access the router and see that the DVR is connected to the router. I cannot get Windows to connect to it.I am running Windows 10 Version 2004.I have a recommended CMS program installed and when I try to add the cameras it reports...
  3. Wireless Router Recommendations

Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  4. Unable to connect to Wireless network

Unable to connect to Wireless network: While waiting for my broadband to be installed I've been using my mobile data to access the internet on my desktop computer. I've been using a wireless network adaptor which has been working perfectly albeit expensive. Since my broadband was Installed yesterday, I have not...
  5. Recent updates breaks my ability to wirelessly connect to a Roku Premier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent updates breaks my ability to wirelessly connect to a Roku Premier: Since about April 1, 2020 one of the Windows updates broke my ability to connect to Roku. Before that, it worked fine. I connect by going to "Connect to a wireless display". Using Windows 10 x64. Machine is a Lenovo ideapad 570. My wireless network is still working fine. Can...
  6. Unable to connect printer to laptop wireless although connected to same router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect printer to laptop wireless although connected to same router: When I try to configure the printer port it shows operation not supported. Therefore cannot use my printer via wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-printer-to-laptop-wireless/43ab06e6-b8d7-4e8a-add5-059523b200c0
  7. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  8. How to connect Roku to the router?

How to connect Roku to the router?: I cannot connect my Roku smart TV to the router (I use wireless connection). I enter the password and it is correct but I keep getting a message "unable yo connect". I uninstalled the software and installed it again but with no effect...
  9. new router unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...
  10. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable): Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is: laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc system: Windows 10 Home 64bit ethernet adapter: i-tec...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hook up roku to new router

2. unable to connect to Roku forget router password

3. cannot.get roku to.connect

4. unable to connect to the router with roku