Windows 10: Unable to connect to 5Gh network band after Windows 10 v 1809 update 2019

Discus and support Unable to connect to 5Gh network band after Windows 10 v 1809 update 2019 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 SSID defined on my Comcast Arris gateway: one for 2.4 GHz (SSID 24GHZ), the other 5 GHz (SSID 5GHZ). I have 1 lenovo laptop, 1 hp laptop, 2 Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DDOutTemp, Mar 11, 2019.

1. DDOutTemp Win User

Unable to connect to 5Gh network band after Windows 10 v 1809 update 2019

2 SSID defined on my Comcast Arris gateway: one for 2.4 GHz (SSID 24GHZ), the other 5 GHz (SSID 5GHZ).

I have 1 lenovo laptop, 1 hp laptop, 2 Dell desktop, all configured to connect to 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.

Was able to connect at least 2 years.

After March 2019 Windows 10 v 1809, coincidentally unable to connect to 5GHz, only the 2.4 GHz.

I click 'forget' 5GH, created the 5GH, still cannot connect.

I ran ipconfig release, renew, flush ... No help

Device Manager: Network adapters: Qualcomm Altheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter Date: 7/24/2017, Version: 12.0.0.325

Since the problem is 5 GHz and not the 2.4 GHz, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17220 is not applicable.

What did recent Windows update do?

How to get connected to 5GHz?

Without drastically resorting to flatten and reload, other suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

DDOutTemp, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. techbuzz Win User
    Unable to see N band networks

Why am I missing "802.11n Channel Width for band 5.0? I have an "N" capable wifi card.

Unable to connect to 5Gh network band after Windows 10 v 1809 update 2019 Untitled-1.png

I am unable to see 5GHz networks. So frustrating!!!

techbuzz, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to 5Gh network band after Windows 10 v 1809 update 2019 - Similar Threads - Unable connect 5Gh

2. Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.: This issue has been plaguing me for months so any help appreciated.The Internet connection on my PC will suddenly turn itself off on the 5ghz band. The wifi network still shows but when I try to reconnect I get an 'Unable to connect to this network' error and no Internet. I...
  3. Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.: This issue has been plaguing me for months so any help appreciated.The Internet connection on my PC will suddenly turn itself off on the 5ghz band. The wifi network still shows but when I try to reconnect I get an 'Unable to connect to this network' error and no Internet. I...
  4. Unable to connect to this network - No Internet on 5gHz Band.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  6. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  7. Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809: After I updated my PCs to Windows 10 1809 update my WLAN connectivity stopped. I am unable to reconnect all my computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-problem-after-windows-10-update-1809/9d6bcbf0-3647-44f6-9b96-ecd5c796c666
  8. Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019: I have constantly tried to update Windows 10 but to no avail. All I get is a screen saying """restarting """ with a circular revolving center . I have left my computer on in most cases for 4 to 8 hours , again to no avail. Please advise me as I am fed up with the non going...
  9. Windows 10 update to v 1809 crashing

Windows 10 update to v 1809 crashing: Hi. I can not believe that I have another Windows Features Update that has crashed my computer. I had untold problems last year over upgrading to v 1803 and in the end I had to have a clean install of Windows (and consequently loads of trouble reinstalling everything). All...
  10. Defer Windows 10 V 1809 update

Defer Windows 10 V 1809 update: Hello Because of a compatibility issue with some software we need to defer the 1809 version for the time being. On W10 Pro there used to be a setting in the Windows update to defer the update for up to 365 days, however i do not see it any more in 1803. What would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i CONNECT TO 5GH CHANNEL ON DELL COMPUTER RUNNING WIN10 DESKTOP

2. lost network connection after windows update 2019

3. unable to share files over win 1809 network

4. unable to connect to wireless 5ghz windows 10,
  5. 5ghz network windows 10 1809,
  6. Unable to connect to 5g network on Windows 10