Windows 10: Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi

Discus and support Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Vostro 3580 laptop with Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac wireless adapter. I was able to connect to my phone's 5ghz wifi hotspot for many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Udayraj Jhala, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi

I have a Dell Vostro 3580 laptop with Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac wireless adapter. I was able to connect to my phone's 5ghz wifi hotspot for many months, but today, when I tried to connect, it said Cant connect to this network, and after that it doesn't even show my wifi in available networks. When i switch my mobile hotspot to 2.4ghz, it is able to connect, so the problem is with 5ghz only. I tried my sister's 5ghz wifi and it connects without any problem. Also, I am able to connect to my 5ghz mobile hotspot from a different pc, but NOT MY PC.

I have tried a bunch of different solutions like:-

1. trying to update my wifi drivers, but it says the latest drivers r already installed

2. uninstalling my driver and restarting the laptop

3. doing a network reset

but, NONE OF THESE WORKED FOR ME

Please help me out, Thanks.

:)

Udayraj Jhala, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Alfie1909 Win User

5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Jan 14, 2021
  4. felucas Win User

Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

Hi Phelenor, my name is Felipe Lucas, windows expert and user like you.

I'll be happy to help you.

5GHz WiFi not showing up in your Windows 10 computer is a very common issue. There are literally thousands of queries out there asking why is 5G Wifi not showing up, how to enable 5G WiFi, why they can’t connect to 5G WiFi, and more. These issues usually come
    up when users change their WiFi Router, update their OS, change hardware components of PC related to WiFi, update device driver, etc. The most common of them all is when users get a new router. When the router is set up, instead of their PC’s WiFi Adapter
    detecting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth signals, it only detects 2.4GHz bandwidth signal.

Please, try to follow the steps listed on the link below:

https://thegeekpage.com/5ghz-wifi-not-showing-u...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

felucas, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi

1. Unable to connect to 5ghz wifi - Similar Threads - Unable connect 5ghz

2. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  3. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  4. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  5. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  6. 5ghz Wifi showing no connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz Wifi showing no connection: Ello, i got my new PC a few days ago without ethernet and instead opting for a usb wifi adapter. I have checked everything and my pc does support 5ghz wifi, but whenever i connect to it it shows no connection see attachment [ATTACH] I would like some help with this, thanks...
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi: Not too sure if this is the right subreddit but I recently added another GPU into my PC build. Before that, I was able to connect both to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network. However, when I finished installing the 2nd GPU, the 5Ghz network would show up as "no internet,...
  9. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  10. Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi

Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi: I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) and, until recently, had no issues connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi. My network adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. I am still able to access my 2.4 Ghz, but when connecting to 5 Ghz, I am getting the...