Windows 10: Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN

Discus and support Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a client with a Win10 Pro machine that is using their Azure account as their PC logon. This PC needs to connect through a VPN to a Non-Azure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neil Bradley (neil), Dec 5, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN

I have a client with a Win10 Pro machine that is using their Azure account as their PC logon.

This PC needs to connect through a VPN to a Non-Azure computer (Win 10 pro) to access document files.

The VPN connects without issue. However, when attempting to access any folders on the connected computer, I am unable to specify a non-azure account to open the shared directory on the client computer.

On the client computer I created a generic logon public with password public, and assigned "everyone" read/write access in sharing and security. Again, when I attempt to map the folder through the VPN, the dialog box that pops up only allows me to put in the azure address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) that the computer is logged into.

I also tried disabling all file/folder password protected sharing in the destination machine, but that has not helped.

Adding the destination machine into Azure is not an option, as it has other local computers that need access, and I can't put the destination network into an Azure domain.

Of note, if I log onto the local computer with a local, non-Azure account and connect the VPN, I am able to access the destination PC files without issue. The problem then is the local machine looses access to the Azure features it needs.

I am open to suggestions on how to make this work.

Neil

:)

Neil Bradley (neil), Dec 5, 2019
  2. SB-Chris Win User

Azure client P2S VPN profile will not install

I am unable to connect to my Azure Virtual Gateway via P2S VPN.

I have followed the instructions provided by Microsoft
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-point-to-site-resource-manager-portal
    and was able to accomplish all of them without error until I got to step 12.

When I attempt to run the executable VpnClientSetupAmd64.exe it flags it as malware by Windows Defender SmartScreen, which is a little annoying. I would assume Microsoft would have certified their own software.

I tried to manually set up the VPN profile and got the error "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value". Which sounds like a certificate error. I would like to connect to my virtual network through a P2S VPN connection.

Please advise how I may correct this issue. I would like to connect to my virtual network through a P2S VPN connection.

SB-Chris, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 5, 2019
  4. NeerajSr Win User

Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN

VPN from Windows Phone to Azure (Point to site)

I am trying to connect to Azure Point to Site VPN from a windows phone 8.1 nokia device. Looking for pointers on how to do that.

Azure doesn't give any client to connect to the VPN like it does for windows desktop.

NeerajSr, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN

1. Unable to connect to a non-Azure PC through VPN - Similar Threads - Unable connect non

2. Azure VPN client connections drop frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VPN client connections drop frequently: Dear All, Hope you're well and wondering if you could advise or guide me to the right direction for below :At our organization, we have moved our VPN connection method from Pulse Secure VPN to Azure VPN client connection, Found that Azure VPN client connection drops...
  3. Azure VPN client connections drop frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure VPN client connections drop frequently: Dear All, Hope you're well and wondering if you could advise or guide me to the right direction for below :At our organization, we have moved our VPN connection method from Pulse Secure VPN to Azure VPN client connection, Found that Azure VPN client connection drops...
  4. Azure VPN client connections drop frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Azure VPN Client

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Azure VPN Client: Please can someone provide an install package for the Azure VPN Client as we are unable to install from the Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-vpn-client/a5909ba1-fba3-48e8-812e-d37cd72d12fe
  6. Azure VPN Problem

Azure VPN Problem: [ATTACH] I'm getting this error over and over, tried uninstalling WAM Miniports, and re installing them and nothing. Don't have any antiviruses or nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-vpn-problem/7592ee0b-e2e9-4f77-815c-f7ebd8d3588a
  7. Install LAPS through VPN connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install LAPS through VPN connection: I'm deploying LAPS local administrator password solution, I've three different scenarios: * Workstations wired connected in the office: It works perfectly. * Workstations wireless connected in the office: I doesn't work. * Workstations at home connected using a VPN: I...
  8. Azure VPN issue

Azure VPN issue: Hi, I need help to set up Azure vpn. I checked background set up and permission is allowed. Still I am not able to connect. error: vpn platform did not trigger conncetion Eventviewer error: CoId={82C93745-2FD8-44A2-9E87-39818326CBDE}: The user SYSTEM dialed a...
  9. Unable to connect Phone to PC through USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to connect Phone to PC through USB: when I plug my pone up o laptop to sync my its saying USB not recognized I just got this laptop PLEASE Help ***Original title: hp laptop*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-phone-to-pc-through-usb/0fb3f3e9-34b5-4d29-a4ca-09896bf1fc63
  10. Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot

Pc losses connection to internet through vpn or hotspot: Hi, my pcs (one is a huawei laptop and the other is surface pro 3 both are upto date on windows 10) are fine when connected to home wifi but once i started a vpn or connects to a mobile hotspot the wifi icon would indicate no internet connection, please help, thx....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve no internet connection when connected to azure p2s