Windows 10: Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I have just built myself a Desktop PC and have installed a Wi-Fi adapter in it. I am facing sometrouble in connecting PC to my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SHUBHAM-PANDEY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

Hello there,

I have just built myself a Desktop PC and have installed a Wi-Fi adapter in it. I am facing sometrouble in connecting PC to my home broadband network.

I have several times restarted my system as well as my Wi-Fi router but it just displays a message, "Can't connect to this network".

I have troubleshooted my Wi-Fi settings many times but got no positive result. When I tried to connect to my mobile's hotspot, it easily connects and all works fine. Also the other devices connected to my home broadband works fine.

I have tried many methods like - Updating the driver software, uninstalling then re-installing the driver software but still there was no change.

Please, someone help me out with this problem.

:)

SHUBHAM-PANDEY, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Aravind_G Win User

Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

I have been contacting Microsoft Support for the past 2 days to find a solution for this issue. But no one seems to know a fix. Hence I am forced to post this question, even though I know there have been similar posts earlier.

I am unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in my windows 10 pc. I am able to connect to that network with devices using other OS (like Android). I am able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks in my pc as well.

Please note that I am unable to connect to this specific Wi-Fi network in my windows phone as well, which runs on Windows Phone 8.1.

I have tried updating the adapter driver and used the windows troubleshoot. Both did not find any issue.

Attaching below the screenshot of the error I see when trying to connect to the network.

Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 20e0af2a-9df0-49c7-945a-6d39f49c49f4.jpg

Update:

I received a response from one of the Support executives with 3 suggestions, and none of them fixed the issue.

Adding them here for reference.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

Method 2: Configuring DNS server address:

Network and Sharing Center --> Change Adapter Settings --> Click the Wi-Fi connection you want to configure.

Could not proceed with this step as the specific Wifi network does not exist in the list

Method 3: Try resetting TCP/IP and check if it works.

On Command Prompt (admin) and Reboot the computer.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Aravind_G, Sep 22, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi on your computer. I’ll help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• What happens when you try to connect to a Wi-Fi network?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Could you please provide us more information on, “network adapter is not working properly”?
    • Are you aware of changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, see Fix Wi-Fi problems in Windows 10.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect specific

2. Specific Wi-Fi network is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific Wi-Fi network is not showing up: My sister used to be able to connect to our home Wi-Fi. However, the Wi-Fi name no longer shows up in the list of possible networks to connect to. Other devices all show the SSID and are able to connect.Computer is running Windows 7 Professional.Router is XB7-T.Have tried...
  3. Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks: Hello Microsoft support team. Recently I started using a new computer to which I installed windows 11 from scratch using the official image you provide, downloaded the official drivers of the manufacturer Minisforum and everything works well except for wifi connectivity. I...
  4. Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to most Wi-Fi networks: Hello Microsoft support team. Recently I started using a new computer to which I installed windows 11 from scratch using the official image you provide, downloaded the official drivers of the manufacturer Minisforum and everything works well except for wifi connectivity. I...
  5. Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network: Greetings to Windows 10 Guru's, others working towards this qualification and everyone else here to learn. *Smile I'm using Matthew Wai's CMD & VBScript to manage my updates and have also set all connections to metered. As a further measure to prevent surprises and...
  6. Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Support
    Script required to automatically connect to specific Wi-Fi network: Greetings to Windows 10 Guru's, others working towards this qualification and everyone else here to learn. *Smile I'm using Matthew Wai's CMD & VBScript to manage my updates and have also set all connections to metered. As a further measure to prevent surprises and...
  7. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: Good afternoon, Following the recent Windows 10 Update it took much longer for my PC to establish an internet connection. This then became intermittent and now it won't do it at all. It will say it's connected to the network, and that it has internet access although it...
  8. Can't connect to one specific Wi-Fi network...

Can't connect to one specific Wi-Fi network...: Xiaomi Laptop Pro 2019. Then I boot a laptop, it can't connect to my home wi-fi. Troubleshooting resets the profile as it says and it works!... For 15 seconds. Turning off-on adapter in device manager - same result. Same as rebooting my router. Is there any way to make it...
  9. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: I am having problem in connecting to Wi-fi as the icon went missing.Earlier the wifi was connected but now since i tried to reset the connection I am unable to connect.Also its showing this as network status.Please help.[ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

Unable to connect to Wi-Fi: Hey so my internet seems to flicker between working and having a mini x on the icon which means theres no internet connection. Many sites and videos say to go under change adaptor options and enable Wi-Fi but that icon doesn't even appear on it. Is there a way to bring it...