Windows 10: Unable to connect to an SMB server running on windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to an SMB server running on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows computer with all the drives set up as an SMB server, to make file sharing easier. When I reinstalled Windows, I was then unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naso4265, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Naso4265 Win User

Unable to connect to an SMB server running on windows 10

I have a Windows computer with all the drives set up as an SMB server, to make file sharing easier. When I reinstalled Windows, I was then unable to connect to it. I tried connecting to it on my mac, which normally lets me see all the shared drives, whether or not I have access to them, but is unable to connect, just like My windows PCs. I also tried directly inputting the IP address, but that didn't help, either. I know that the computers can communicate to each other, since I can use remote desktop connection.

:)

Naso4265, Feb 20, 2020

2. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, Feb 20, 2020
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Feb 20, 2020
  4. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to an SMB server running on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect SMB

2. Unable to connect using SMB after turning on Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect using SMB after turning on Windows Hello: I have a small network at home with a laptop and four desktops. Every PC has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 except for one desktop which has Windows 10 Pro. Each is fully updated. The PC's are all configured to allow SMB connections using a user ID and password. Since I'm an...
  3. Unable to connect using SMB after turning on Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using SMB after turning on Windows Hello: I have a small network at home with four desktops. Every PC has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 except for one desktop which has Windows 10 Pro. Each is fully updated. The PC's are all configured to allow SMB connections using a user ID and password. Since I'm an administrator on all the...
  4. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  5. Unable to connect Server With RDP connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Server With RDP connection: Hi, I am using windows 11, and Sever is Server 2008 R2. From day before yesterday everything was working fine. Yesterday I take remote of that server it Show Error and even ping was stopped too. So I Just restart My PC and issue resolved.Now again today is same scenario, but...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Unable to Connect to Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Unable to Connect to Server: Using common IPs in the "add a server" such as hub.mcs.gg or us.mineplex.com , my Minecraft client cannot locate the server and always says "Unable to Connect". Of course, mineplex is currently a featured server, and if I click on join server for mineplex in the featured...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Unable to Connect to Server

Minecraft Windows 10 Unable to Connect to Server: Using common IPs in the "add a server" such as hub.mcs.gg or us.mineplex.com , my Minecraft client cannot locate the server and always says "Unable to Connect". Of course, mineplex is currently a featured server, and if I click on join server for mineplex in the featured...
  8. Unable to connect to remote machine using SMB 1.0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to remote machine using SMB 1.0: For many years I have been able to create a network share for a remote disk running on a linux system a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR. This only supports SMB 1.0 so I have enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support - Client via Turn Windows features on or off. This has been working...
  9. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019: Hi, I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019. When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even some times "Not Responding". I manage to find out that the problem is when i make SMB connection to the file server with...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 unable to connect to a server

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 unable to connect to a server: - I can connect to the featured servers ok - when I try to connect to a new server I get the message "unable to connect to world" - I've tried numerous different servers - Minecraft is allowed internet access through my firewall plus I've also turned it off completely and...