Windows 10: Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

Discus and support Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am signed into 2 Machines using my Microsoft account, I enabled RDP on the desktop and I am trying to remote to it using Remote Desktop Connection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZafarM1142, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

I am signed into 2 Machines using my Microsoft account, I enabled RDP on the desktop and I am trying to remote to it using Remote Desktop Connection. However when i enter my Password i am getting a message saying "The credentials i used to connect to the machine did not work. I confirmed i am set up as the admin on both machines.I confirmed my Microsoft credentials are working as i was able to sign in on a browser.Both are Windows 10 Pro Machines. I am attempting to remote to a desktop using a laptop.

:)

ZafarM1142, Jun 19, 2024
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. remote desktop connection

You will need to analyse the various stages that form part of the remote desktop connection. This will require some time and patience.

A remote desktop connection consists of these components:

• A host (which must run Windows Professional). This is the machine that you wish to control.
    • A client (which can run any version of Windows). This is the machine that you work on.
    • A link that connects the client with the host.
    Is the host on the same network as the client or is it on a different network?

Frederik Long, Jun 19, 2024
  4. RFT OB1 Win User

Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

1. Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network. - Similar Threads - Unable connect Another

2. Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.: I am signed into 2 Machines using my Microsoft account, I enabled RDP on the desktop and I am trying to remote to it using Remote Desktop Connection. However when i enter my Password i am getting a message saying "The credentials i used to connect to the machine did not work....
  3. Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to Another machine using Remote Desktop Connection on the same network.: I am signed into 2 Machines using my Microsoft account, I enabled RDP on the desktop and I am trying to remote to it using Remote Desktop Connection. However when i enter my Password i am getting a message saying "The credentials i used to connect to the machine did not work....
  4. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  5. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  6. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  8. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  9. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...