Windows 10: Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

Discus and support Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by niharp27, May 11, 2022.

1. niharp27 Win User

Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our laptops which are connected to wifi but will also work is we connect our laptops to ethernet. We even brought the PC's home and they worked fine and we took our PC's there and they also worked. So it seems to be a location-based problem on certain devices. We do have a firewall set up through Fortinet but we have tested the PC

:)

niharp27, May 11, 2022

2. Cant Connect To Certain Websites

Hello I cannot connect to certain websites like amazon and netflix via ethernet but when i try wireless it works perfectly. (The wifi and ethernet come from the same router) Can anyone help me?

jaysonjaskeran, May 11, 2022
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, May 11, 2022
  4. Aliasgar Win User

Unable to remove ethernet connection

Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet [​IMG]

Aliasgar, May 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet - Similar Threads - Unable connect certain

2. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  3. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  4. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  5. Ethernet connectivity while playing certain multiplayer games.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connectivity while playing certain multiplayer games.: I have been having issues playing many games multiplayer recently this year. First I started having problems with Forza Horizon 4, then I just gave up on it and thought it was only that game. But then I noticed it was happening in Rocket League too, but way less frequently...
  6. Cant connect to certain websites that are online

Cant connect to certain websites that are online: Does anyone know why this occurs? Photo To list what I tried flushdns Uninstall Ethernet Driver No proxy No VPN Removed security programs Somehow mcafee got installed and it was horrible to uninstall Disabled firewall Tried on other browsers The sites work fine on my...
  7. Unable to connect to a website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to a website: Hello, I’m unable to connect to this particular [site](netcarshow.com) from Win10 (tried chrome, firefox, edge), it keeps saying ‘This site can’t be reached’. But I have no trouble connecting from my iPhone. Any idea why and how to fix it? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0...
  8. Cannot Connect to Certain Websites

Cannot Connect to Certain Websites: This has been a problem for a few months now. Certain websites (like mega.nz and dropbox) will give me a connection error when I try to access them. This is true even if I change browsers, or even use my neighbor's wifi. I know it's not my own wifi, because I can use my...
  9. Can't connect to certain websites

Can't connect to certain websites: This issue has been going on for over 1 month already. I have already checked to see if it was an issue with only my WiFi/browser, but no. If I change to my neighbor's WiFi or something, the page still won't load. If I change to Microsoft edge or google chrome, it still won't...
  10. Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites

Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites: I Have Updated My Windows 10 Recently And Since I Did The Update, I Have Been Unable To Connect To Certain Websites Such As; https://store.steampowered.com/ https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/ https://discordapp.com/ I Tried Resetting (Keeping My Personal Files) And It...