Windows 10: Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

Discus and support Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to connect to Facebook on any of the browsers in my laptop for the last 3 days. It runs Windows version 1803 with OSbuild 17134.345. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GayathriUK, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

I am unable to connect to Facebook on any of the browsers in my laptop for the last 3 days. It runs Windows version 1803 with OSbuild 17134.345.

The error I get on Edge is that it cannot connect securely to this page, because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

:)

GayathriUK, Oct 12, 2018

2. Unable to load the Facebook page completely on Chrome and Firefox browsers on Windows 10.

Hello Janne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you have trouble accessing the Facebook webpage on Chrome and Firefox browser, and similar issue persists on desktop and laptop but not on iPad or phone. The issue persists even after clearing the cache, uninstalling
    and re-installing the Chrome browser.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser?
    • Does the issue persists only on Facebook webpage?

You may be facing the above issue due to the browser components conflicting with the internet connection or the internet connection received on the computer on connecting to the webpage

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on logging in into the Facebook social webpage using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer browser. Also check if similar issue persists on logging in into other social accounts using Chrome or Firefox
    browser.

Step 1: If the issue persists on other social networking webpages also, run the
    Internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is fixed.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check the status after the troubleshooting is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persists only on using Facebook webpage, I suggest you to get in touch with the Facebook support forum group for further assistance as you have already contacted them before.

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 12, 2018
  3. reidcc Win User
    Connection issues to Facebook ONLY!!!

Hi all-

I have a Home network connected to a Netgear 3700 router. There are one wired pc(mine)- and one wireless connected desktop, and 4 wireless connected laptops in the house.

On my wired PC- for the last three months I've had sporadic issues connecting to and logging into Facebook ONLY. MSN has been my homepage, and then I click Facebook- and MSN page is still there, and browser just keeps searching for Facebook. I can try either HTTP or HTTPS- and same thing. This happens with any browser. Once in a while I can get in my first try, but then if I surf somewhere else and go back to FB- nothing.

I can log into any of the wireless connected units and have no issues with Facebook at all. Even if I log in, and then close Browser and re-open and go back to Facebook.

I had other issues with the Desktop, so last week, I blew away my partition and re-loaded from scratch. My drive is a 120 Gig OZC Agility III. Even on a fresh reinstall I still have issues. I have reset the router

Where should I even begin to look next???

Thx
    Chris

reidcc, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

Facebook Connect is no longer available

Source: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers

1. Unable to connect to Facebook from all browsers - Similar Threads - Unable connect Facebook

2. UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AT ALL, AT ALL BROWSERS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AT ALL, AT ALL BROWSERS: EVERY TIME I AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING, IT FAILS NOMATTER WHAT TYPE OF ARCHIVE THAT IS, AND I SEE A VIRUS Scan Failed MESSAGE, IN ALL BROWSERS. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I FOUND ON THE INTERNET, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA?...
  3. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  4. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  5. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Facebook Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Browser: Which browser do I have now? I clicked on Edge. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-browser/3f316119-6b38-48a4-acbf-20adf9b00501
  7. FaceBook tells me to change Browser

FaceBook tells me to change Browser: FaceBook telling me to change Browser (Using the MSN "butterfly" link)...….Why, or how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-tells-me-to-change-browser/0ad2b96c-b85a-4fe7-af73-ee5bb9e93abf
  8. Unable to get on Facebook

Unable to get on Facebook: I’m unable to get on facebook using two browsers: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. I receive an error in TLS/SSL setting. But I ticked these boxes in the settings...
  9. Unable to print from browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to print from browsers: I have a client who recently upgraded to Windows 10 and is now unable to print to any printers from any browser. When using the browser's print function it brings up the preview window, but just spins and never connects to any printer. She can, however, highlight the text,...
  10. No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    No audio from email, browser, facebook, etc.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 from an automatic upgrade from Windows 8.1. My machine is a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop on my home wi-fi network which is powered by Cox Gigabit service. Everything works well and fast, except that I get no audio from videos in Facebook, Email...