Windows 10: Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffNorthcutt, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

Hi All,

Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but:

1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1 not working with Windows 10, and

2. Can't get Connector app .exe working, because it says I already have 10 PCs connected, and have to use the console to remove one

3. Can't access the console app as it's "not found" from the web console (so can't remove an old PC to allow a "slot" for the new one to connect)

Anyone else still actively using their Windows Home Server with any advice on how I might break out of this loop?

Much appreciated - there are hundreds of gigs of memories, pics, music, vids, etc. on this HomeServer that I can't easily get to...

-Jeff

***Modified title from: Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for SMBv2.02? ***

:)

JeffNorthcutt, Jan 3, 2019

2. Problem in uninstalling and reinstalling HP Media Smart server on Windows 10

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I guess some files related to HP Media Smart Server, which are not completed removed from system drive causing this issue. Might be some instance in registry which are related to
    HP Media Smart Server also a reason for this. Ensure that the software and the files related to that particular software are completely removed from your PC. Do check on HP Website for instructions to uninstall
    HP Media Smart Server.

Check and remove the Home Connector Software through Control Panel to see if makes any difference.

• Press Windows logo key + X and then select Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program under Programs. In the window that opens, select the software you wish to remove and click
      Remove or Change/Remove.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
    • Once you done, reboot your PC and then try install the desired software again to see if you're able to install it again.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Anup Karkal, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer

1. Unable to connect to HP Media Smart Server from Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Unable connect Media

2. HP Smart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Smart: Why Microsoft Puts HP Smart to Windows 11 Users Device, even some of them don't have any HP products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-smart/7f7aa4e7-5230-4e4d-824a-bc492f57df71
  3. Unable to download HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download HP Smart on the Microsoft Store: HP tell me that I have to install the HP Smart app to scan, but every time I click ont he link it takes me to the MS Store, and when I dont see "Get" option. Windows 10, up to date with updates. Any suggestions? I can't scan without this app.Following methods i already...
  4. Unable to download HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download HP Smart on the Microsoft Store: HP tell me that I have to install the HP Smart app to scan, but every time I click ont he link it takes me to the MS Store, and when I dont see "Get" option. Windows 10, up to date with updates. Any suggestions? I can't scan without this app.Following methods i already...
  5. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  6. Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access HP media smart home server after factory reset and only windows 10...: I have a HP smart media home server. Original purchase in 2007. Updated my last windows computer to 10. I used to have an old laptop that I managed the server with. It had VIsta. Always worked. Now I noticed the server was been down for a few months. Not used much anymore. It...
  7. Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find HP Smart on the Microsoft Store: HP tell me that I have to install the HP Smart app to scan, but every time I click ont he link it takes me to the MS Store, and when I click "Get" it tells me that the app is not found.Windows 10, up to date with updates. Any suggestions? I can't scan without this app....
  8. hp smart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hp smart: what is it i just noticed it running om my pc submitted by /u/kia0071 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl039t/hp_smart/
  9. ex470 series Media Smart Server help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ex470 series Media Smart Server help: My server had to be retired because of many problems. I had stored many priceless photos and music files on the server. I found and purchased another ex470 in working order online. I put my 2gig ram card into the new chassis and installed my four drives from my old server....
  10. Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to HP Media Smart Server EX495 (w/ Windows Home Server) without support for...: Hi All, Trying to get reconnected to an old HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I'm able to authenticate, and browse the files via the native web console from my Windows 10 PC, but: 1. Can't map the network drive because I'm getting error around SMBv1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to HP media server on windows 10